• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roehr Motorcycles

sherob said:
The Fischer doesn't look a thing like the Roehr... and it's a heck of alot cheaper too :trust:

I meant that it is designed by the same people Gemini and Roehr I believe are the same team.

Jack you know this better then I but weren't the early Hyosung motors made in the Suzuki plant in Japan??

ysr612 said:
I meant that it is designed by the same people Gemini and Roehr I believe are the same team.

Jack you know this better then I but weren't the early Hyosung motors made in the Suzuki plant in Japan??

Actually, Glen, I was thinkin' it was the other way around. I thought Hyosung was contracted to Suzuki to built early SVs. I'm not REAL sure, but I think I read that somewhere. Anyway, it explains the similarity and from what I hear and read, the motor is decent and not for off horsepower figures for the SV motor.

Jack Giesecke said:
Actually, Glen, I was thinkin' it was the other way around. I thought Hyosung was contracted to Suzuki to built early SVs. I'm not REAL sure, but I think I read that somewhere. Anyway, it explains the similarity and from what I hear and read, the motor is decent and not for off horsepower figures for the SV motor.

I googled and I came up both ways but I believe you are right. On the Hyosung site it says the motor was designed in Japan.

Jack Giesecke said:

You would be correct. Hyosung built the 1st generation motors in the early SV's (so I've read from a number of different sources). As for the slipper clutch, I don't know this for a fact but I would bet pretty good money that a clutch for an early SV and the Fischer, and Hyosung will mate up without very many mods. Stranger things have happened.

DFW_Warrior said:
You would be correct. Hyosung built the 1st generation motors in the early SV's (so I've read from a number of different sources). As for the slipper clutch, I don't know this for a fact but I would bet pretty good money that a clutch for an early SV and the Fischer, and Hyosung will mate up without very many mods. Stranger things have happened.

On the clutch, you might run into a problem with different primary drive ratios. It's possible, though. Since I ain't plannin' on racing one, don't really care. :rofl: You MIGHT (actually "probably" might be the word) could also shovel a full race prepped SV motor into the chassis. Heck, some of the rich guys that race big bikes now days might jump all over that idea. There's no end to money blown on CMRA stuff. It's a rich man's sport.

Back