• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Scavenger Hunt

Here are the dogwood blossoms, a little hard to see above the bike.
d170ed07-1da6-d43e.jpg

d170ed07-1dc4-9738.jpg

How about Indian Paintbrush as the next tag...

I found some today in FM2323.

470bec65-2762-ab1b.jpg

See it down there? I saw some groupings further down the road, but getting the bike close would have been a challenge.

Next up, a picture of your bike at a vegetarian restaurant.

No, you don't have to eat there.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rsrlkp
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my finger.

That little flower is so sad... but very funny.

It's like that around here. Sometimes Paintbrush blankets the roadside ditches and competes with the Bluebonnet for bragging rights. This year, they seem sparse. Well done.

Just took a spin around my place and couldn't find 1 Indian Paintbrush :scratch:, millions of bluebonnets though. Guess they're late bloomers this year.

I do think they bloom slightly later then the bluebonnets so maybe they'll come in strong in a week or two. It seems to me they like it a little warmer.

That little flower is so sad... but very funny.

It's like that around here. Sometimes Paintbrush blankets the roadside ditches and competes with the Bluebonnet for bragging rights. This year, they seem sparse. Well done.

Yeah, 2323 was carpeted with Bluebonnets, with very few indian paintbrushes. Perhaps they're gonna be out more in a week or two. Or maybe next year.

I did see a few more clusters of them down the road, but I didn't want to ride through a bunch of bluebonnets to get the shot. No sense in tearing up those flowers for a motorcycle game.

Yea, let it play. Sometimes it stalls out and sometimes not. If you don't like where it's at, go google and then change it. I just checked and there's a location somewhat close to my work. I may go grab it on my lunch break this week at work if someone else doesn't get it.

Wasn't there a Tarrant County M&G at a vegetarian place off 8th Ave a year or so ago?

edit.... a quick search turned up that it was Spiral Diner on Magnolia a few blocks east of 8th. Gee, they are closed on Mondays. If I get away I might have to snap this and grab a bite at Benitos Mexican food place instead!

I can find a lot of vegetarian places but they aren't strict vege. Will that do? I'm trying to stay within the rules. :trust:

We've had a hunt sit for months. A few days isn't a big deal. The goal is to get the perfect shot :lol2:

Wasn't there a Tarrant County M&G at a vegetarian place off 8th Ave a year or so ago?

edit.... a quick search turned up that it was Spiral Diner on Magnolia a few blocks east of 8th. Gee, they are closed on Mondays. If I get away I might have to snap this and grab a bite at Benitos Mexican food place instead!

Ed, you should eat your veggies! :loll:

They actually have some good food at the Spiral Diner.

We've had a hunt sit for months. A few days isn't a big deal. The goal is to get the perfect shot :lol2:

Maybe the perfect shot would be with a big bag of BBQ or burgers sitting on your bike in front of the veggie restaurant. :eat:

Grab. Sign down partly from the recent winds.
d170ed07-082b-c9b9.jpg

d170ed07-0841-b3ad.jpg

New tag, an old train depot or station.

Back