• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sena 20s - Communicator

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
http://senabluetooth.com/product/intercoms/20s/

I got to hold this in my hand at the AIME show last weekend.

I will be getting this for Dianne's helmet when it is available for purchase and depending on how well it works, I will likely add it to my new helmet in 2014.

What has me sold is the Bluetooth multitasking, and the fact that it will pair with other non-Sena bluetooth devices. Unlike my Nolan B4 have have today that will only pair with other Nolan systems. This will not be proprietary pairing.

20S1.jpg

20s-product-details.jpg

Not proprietary? What a phenomenon. It's about time.

I've been really happy with my Sena device, and would definitely consider one of these down the road. I like that the battery is integrated on mine and on this one. The most recent model has the battery separate and that didn't impress me.

Last edited:
What is proprietary pairing?? I have the earlier Sena's and they are excellent.

What is proprietary pairing?? I have the earlier Sena's and they are excellent.

They won't pair with other brands due to proprietary specs. USB's used to be like that, now they fall under an industry standard.

And of course this is announced right after I bought the Sena SMH10. :doh:

Duke...did the Sena folks have an estimated time of release?

Last edited:
... would defiantly consider one of these down the road...

Trying to figure out how you defiantly consider something. Consider it against your will? :lol2:

Used to be Sena's would only pair with Sena's, Cardo to Cardo, etc. A good friend uses the Cardo Scala and I've considered getting a communicator - would have to get the same brand to talk to him until now apparently. Sena says it'll pair with Cardo.

If the earbud jack is integrated, what do you do with the speakers? I use homemade earplugs/earbuds.

And of course this is announced right after I bought the Sena SMH10. :doh:

Duke...did the Sena folks have an estimated time of release?

The SENA rep at the booth (Sean Reed), he thinks it will be available to the consumer in early January. He did not think they would make the Christmas buying season, but they are going to try real hard.

Also, here is a nugget that I thought was interesting. All o fyou with the SMH10's, also in January there will be a Firmware update to make the SMH10 able to pair with other non-Sena devices too.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Friend has one, connects with 2 way radio for group, telephone, gps. Works as advertised, not so sure all that stuff is a good idea on a bike though.

Also, here is a nugget that I thought was interesting. All o fyou with the SMH10's, also in January there will be a Firmware update to make the SMH10 able to pair with other non-Sena devices too.

Unless you have the really old SMH10 without the USB port like I do. :doh:

Love the functionality of these things. Been using mine on every ride for a few years now. Great battery life, good range between riders, and great support from the vendor and the factory. The 20 looks like it has some nice features.

RocketMoto offers a discount to ADV folks. :trust:

The SENA rep at the booth (Sean Reed), he thinks it will be available to the consumer in early January. He did not think they would make the Christmas buying season, but they are going to try real hard.

That is good news....of course I will still probably get the 20s when it comes out. :rofl:

Last edited:
I knew there was a reason some other expense kept coming up to push my Sena 10 purchase back another month. :rider:

Anyone actually got one of these beauties yet?

I've been a fan of the wired comms because no batteries and easier connection of radios, but this one is really intriguing me.

Anyone actually got one of these beauties yet?

I've been a fan of the wired comms because no batteries and easier connection of radios, but this one is really intriguing me.

been thinking about it, with dual blue tooth modules you can do all kinds of trick multitasking that you cant with single blue tooth module systems.
like hear your GPS while having conversation with others in group.

I receive an in stock notification from Revzilla a few days ago.....

I got the notification from Revzilla too. Bought it and its still sitting in the box on the book shelf. The box looks nice! I've been busy and will get around to it some day in the near future.

I got the notification from Revzilla too. Bought it and its still sitting in the box on the book shelf. The box looks nice! I've been busy and will get around to it some day in the near future.

I admire your will power. Leaving an unopened chunk of tech on a bookshelf is not even an option for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet. its pretty cool of sena to offer a firmware update to make the compatibility issue disappear too. I recently bought the cardo scala q3 in desperation on the road because I could not locate the sena smh 10 anywhere and it worked for 2 days and quit. I am waiting for the word from Cardo on the replacement unit under warranty. It would be nice if the folks at Cardo would make the same option to update the firmware available.

Y'all might want to read the reviews on these units before you jump off. It seems some are having issues with the 20s living up to all its claims. FYI

Back