• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So is BikeBandit still in business?

Reaction score
I ordered a couple of small Triumph OEM parts from them in about September of last year. Every week since I get a note "Fulfillment Delay".

Something tells me this is never going to get fulfilled.

Yes, I did ask them to cancel the order in about November. But they didn't.

I ordered a couple of small Triumph OEM parts from them in about September of last year. Every week since I get a note "Fulfillment Delay".

I ordered some parts from them for my WRR back in February 2020. I eventually got the parts in the summer. Of course they blamed the delay on Covid. I guess they’re still in business, but I haven’t ordered anything from them since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same customer service here, several
e-mails, numerous phone call attempts before finally getting order cancelled... Used to be my go to site.. Too many other business made covid adjustments for their customers unlike BB...
Carry On

I had a bad experience with the some years ago that put the "bandit" into Bike Bandit. Went to Revzilla, never looked back.

Well if RZ had OEM Triumph parts I would have ordered there. I only ordered from BB due to their having specific small parts where no aftermarket part exists.

I know other folks have better experience with other Triumph parts dealers but I couldn't find the specific parts at another vendor at the time. I guess BB just lied about them being available.

Well if RZ had OEM Triumph parts I would have ordered there. I only ordered from BB due to their having specific small parts where no aftermarket part exists.

I know other folks have better experience with other Triumph parts dealers but I couldn't find the specific parts at another vendor at the time. I guess BB just lied about them being available.
We are getting this all the time with suppliers to our industry. They show parts as available & they're just as back-ordered as the next guy. That or we need 50 of them & they have 3. Global supply chain is completely &*(^%$ right now, have you thought about ordering from the UK? Shipping for small items is extremely reasonable.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the retailers now. They can't get stuff from their manufacturers/distributors and demand is peaking. A year ago manufacturers were expecting a slow down and got the opposite.

I did eventually get my stuff. It just took a long time.

If you're planning for a big summer trip, better get your stuff ordered sooner rather than later.

I had the same issue with Bike Bandit, ordered a new side cover that they said was in stock. After going back and forth for a few weeks I canceled and got lucky finding it on eBay. These guys have a similar set up to BB but they have actual customer service and seem to tell you if it's not there https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts

I don't see Triumph though, so probably won't do you no good......

I had the same issue with bikebandit and switched to partzilla and whilst they have a few delays it is much better than bike bandit. Stopped using bikebandit about 10 months ago and wont go back.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear all that. Bike Bandit has been one of my go-to stores for years, particularly after the demise of the Motorcycle Superstore (new owner JP Cycles seems to be very cruiser-centric, based on their email ads). Revzilla is still out there, but everybody seems to having distribution issues still, and it's not limited to the motorcycle industry.

Yesterday I wandered into a Guitar Center to buy a set of strings for me ES325. For a moment, I thought they were in close-out mode. The string rack was half empty, the high-end acoustic room had maybe 8 guitars in it, and that ginormous wall of electric guitars had more blank spaces then instruments. As I paid for the next best thing to the strings I actually wanted, I asked the salesman. He told me they've been having all sorts of distribution pipeline issues throughout COVID. US builders, particularly, are hampered by the fact that so many are located in CA or NY, two states that aren't making it easy for people to work.

You might try Rocky Mountain Motorcycle, located in Utah; their customer service has always seemed pretty good to me. They'll probably have the same supply problems as others, but maybe they'll be up front in telling you what they can or can't do right now.

I've bought from RM many times but in this case I need a pair of handlebar riser bolts and a gauge ring gasket that are both Triumph specific parts, have to come from Triumph. In the case of BikeBandit that means I place an order with BB in CA, then they order it from Triumph in UK, who orders the part from their factory in Thailand, and then it gets shipped to UK, CA, then to me in TX. Lots of links in the chain to get broken.

Mostly it's just annoying that it seems BB just simply doesn't want to actually service this order. But I guess since other vendors don't even show these parts in their catalogs, that probably means that Triumph actually does not have the parts available at all. I picked a bad time to wreck my bike I guess. Finding parts was difficult.

I had tried multiple place to get a part for a KTM that was not in stock anywhere in the US. None to be found in Europe either. Several retailers showed the part in stock but none actually had it. I found one in Australia through ADVRider and had it shipped. I thought I had canceled all the orders that had been back ordered, but a year later I received 2 of the items. One was from bike bandit. It appears that all stock was depleted and whoever makes this part for KTM finally produced more and bam everyone filled their orders.

I've said it before but bb is bad to say they have parts in stock when in reality they do not. My go to is rma because if it shows in stock, it is.
I have also had good luck with rz.

I'm sure there really are issues with supply across all business but covid has also become the go to excuse for everything - especially poor customer service.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I've been having the same issue with Revzilla lately. The shipping times have gotten atrocious. I'm currently waiting on some tires that were "In Stock" and would ship within 24 hours, and here i am 5 days later and still havent shipped. Also a pre-ordered helmet that was supposed to ship late march still hasnt shipped yet either. I know the industry is pretty screwed right now but if thats the case, DONT MARK IT AS IN STOCK.

Wow - that's surprising. I've had nothing but good experiences with Revzilla. I've ordered parts and tools from them, cycle gear (same company now, right? ) as well as ebay and other small retailers in the last couple months - probably 15 separate orders at least - and shipping times seem to be mostly back to normal across the board for me. With a cycle gear store close to me, and free shipping to their stores when ordering online - that's become my go-to way to buy as much moto-stuff as I can - especially clothing and gear. I can try it on while still in the store, and immediately return or exchange for the 'right' one.

I think the issue with BikeBandit, in my case, is different from simple days-long delayed shipments of stuff. I have been waiting now for SIX MONTHS for parts I ordered. I suspect these parts will NEVER be available. Other vendors don't even show them in the catalog. The problem is BikeBandit just allows people to order stuff with no actual plan for how to deliver them in the event their supplier does not have them in stock. I think there's a decent chance Triumph simply has stopped producing parts for the air-cooled Bonnevilles so they will never, ever be available.

I'm actually now looking for alternatives for the parts I have on order from BB for my Bonneville, gauge gaskets (rubber grommets, essentially) and handlebar riser bolts. I think the riser bolts can be replaced with socket head cap screws, thread doesn't matter because there's a nut on the other side so these ultra fine thread parts are not required. I still have no idea for the gauge gaskets, especially since they are keyed to keep the gauges in the correct orientation.

My go to has been Rocky Mountain Atv... My shipping time has always seemed to have been upgraded by Fedex as I get stuff sooner then expected. One issue that just happened was...I think cookies told them I was price shopping at other sites and when I check their price match policies, my saved items were suddenly out of stock and live inventory is always updated

I think the issue with BikeBandit, in my case, is different from simple days-long delayed shipments of stuff. I have been waiting now for SIX MONTHS for parts I ordered. I suspect these parts will NEVER be available. Other vendors don't even show them in the catalog. The problem is BikeBandit just allows people to order stuff with no actual plan for how to deliver them in the event their supplier does not have them in stock. I think there's a decent chance Triumph simply has stopped producing parts for the air-cooled Bonnevilles so they will never, ever be available.

I'm actually now looking for alternatives for the parts I have on order from BB for my Bonneville, gauge gaskets (rubber grommets, essentially) and handlebar riser bolts. I think the riser bolts can be replaced with socket head cap screws, thread doesn't matter because there's a nut on the other side so these ultra fine thread parts are not required. I still have no idea for the gauge gaskets, especially since they are keyed to keep the gauges in the correct orientation.
Ran into this trying to find a swingarm shaft for my '87 CR500. Original shaft is corroded in place and needs to be cut out. Don't want to cut it until I can find a replacement. Looking for one a couple years back, a Honda dealer in NC showed to have it in stock. This was after searching over a dozen other Honda part sources that showed it discontinued. The NC shop took the order and after a couple months, as well as several calls, they finally admitted it wasn't available and refunded my money. I don't think I would have got my money back if I didn't stay on them.

RMATV doesn't have OEM Triumph parts... I think BB is mostly used for OEM parts, right?
Yes mostly... I believe BB dose not have OEM parts in stock like a Dealer would and on an another note.. Midland Honda dropped Triumph line as they could never get parts from them , even simple tune up stuff. I wanted a Tiger but decided against it for that reason

There are AC Bonnevilles that are only 5 years old. Amazing you can't buy some parts. At least in the past BB told me the parts were discontinued but this time around I just keep getting the "shipment delay" notification as if the problem is just that there is a really long distance from the shelf to the shipping dock.

There are AC Bonnevilles that are only 5 years old. Amazing you can't buy some parts. At least in the past BB told me the parts were discontinued but this time around I just keep getting the "shipment delay" notification as if the problem is just that there is a really long distance from the shelf to the shipping dock.
And across the pond

I suspect you are the only one whos needed the parts. The line has a reputation of just running and running like an old Honda.

I suspect you are the only one whos needed the parts. The line has a reputation of just running and running like an old Honda.

Well, if the bike goes down, like mine did, even in a parking lot knock over, it is potentially going to bend the bar riser bolts, bend the rear brake pedal, and scuff the gauge gaskets. The rear brake pedal is flat out not available anymore from Triumph (last time I checked). And I've had the riser bolts and that gauge gasket on back order from BB for six months.

I mean, I love my Triumph. But for real, this is really bad post-sale support. I guess that's what I get for buying a British motorcycle.

Back