• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Spoaks Motopark Lockhart TX, Tracks and Trails

Reaction score
Just updated this on another post, and realized it needed to be posted here also.

I'm a family friend of the Wilson's who own the track and volunteer there a lot. Here's the latest update. Guy Burkhart maintains the single track, which was reversed a few months back prior to the TORCS race. If you use the beginning section on the left of the entrance road (follow the arrows from the pits) and finish on the Vet track the length is 7.3 miles currently. The trails are very well maintained, with many of the new "shortcuts" that developed during the races now properly trimmed out and marked. "Worn out" sections are frequently rerouted around.
The Vet and the training turn track are adjacent to the trails and are both natural hard pack and safe for learning how to ride, as are the trails. The 2 MX tracks (Main modern and Sand turn) are a step up on the difficulty level, yet still safe for beginners to roll around on, especially after 12:00 when most of the fast guys guys go home. Both tracks also have water trucks roads all the way around them if you want to see them without being on them.
As far as development, there is much activity. The sand track has recently been widened and lengthened and made more flowy, and is having about 1/2 of the footprint changed and mild jumps added to lengthen lap times. I am currently doing tree trimming on the main track and a new 10 acre future use natural GP style area between the main and sand tracks. The tracks get most of the attention, but a hybrid Superloop (13-15 miles) tying all of the trails and tracks together is also being developed, and will debut at the JDGP, date final upon project completion.
You can ride there almost any day, and the MX Factory and other trainers are out there daily. On gate "Open" days the price is $30 reflecting the effort to rip, disc and till and water the 2 big tracks and have Judy at the gate. Any other day the price is $20 with a phone call before hauling to confirm Clint is there and update on conditions and get a gate code. There is a clipboard at the pay house where you sign a release and leave cash. When the big tracks are not prepped they are still rideable if you choose, although can get slippery and dusty. The hot setup is to be there asap after a rain for the natural watering system, things dry up fast. Weekend camping is OK. There are porta cans but no water or electricity, decent cell service. Cows and horses roam the property.
Spoaks is a great destination for a dual sport or ADV group ride where you want to ride some safe trails, Ducati's and Harleys have easily done the trails.

spoakslogotrim.png

It's like cake mix on the main and sand tracks when prepped. Dirt Bike Heaven.
spoaks.jpg

TORCS pro's on the Vet track jump approaching the finish.

spoakstorcs.jpeg

Field of Dreams. The trails are in the woods on the top right.
spoaksfieldofdreams.jpg

I need to come back out, I rode out there not long after it opened,it was a fun place sounds like there is more single track than when it opened.

I’ll call and confirm, but any reason not to come ride trails and vet track with the kids July 4? Morning, specifically.

Back