• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Talihina

Reaction score
Making a trip next weekend to Talihina, Ok for a little single track, dual track, and dual sport riding. Will be riding out of the State Park Friday January 15th and Saturday 16th, Sunday is up in the air. Hopefully the weather holds out and we have sunny days.

It's a nice little state park. There's a 4-wheeler track right behind the park. I've never been there on a dirt bike, but have walked the track about a mile. Looks interesting. Take lots of pictures.

Not too cold this time of the year?

It can be plenty cold, particularly considering the higher altitude there. I usually reserve a tent-only site at Talimena SP. They're pretty private, and very shady, but do not have electricity. This time of year, I'd probably opt for an RV site. Not very private, but lots of sunshine to warm your tent, plus an electric pole in case you want to run a small heater.

WOW! a new 500...good for you!
I'll head on up there Thursday then.
Talked w/ Jim. He's in for a Friday.

Back