• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tate Hallford family

Reaction score
First Name
C T
Last Name
Walston
I got word this evening that my foster son's friend, 16 year old Tate Hallford, of Ballinger Texas was killed in a head on collision on Hwy 83 just north of town around 6:30 this evening.

He was a sophomore at BHS, and a really kind and loving kid. I met Tate 2 years ago when I took in my foster son, they were buddies. I was told he wasn't wearing a seat belt, and was ejected form his pickup truck. He was transported to the local hospital where he died from his injuries.

I ask for everyone's thoughts and prayers for him and his family and friends..................it's gonna be a rough time around here for a while.

What a terrible thing. It breaks my heart to hear of any young man or woman taken before their years are lived.

Prayers for Tate, his circle of family and friends, your foster son ... and you.

Prayers for your son, you, your family and all of Tate's loved ones. Tate's death has left a hole in many lives.

What a terrible thing. It breaks my heart to hear of any young man or woman taken before their years are lived.

Prayers for Tate, his circle of family and friends, your foster son ... and you.
Mine too. I don't even know what to say.

If anyone on the forum would like to send a card on behalf of themselves or TWT, here's the family's address, and I have also included Tate's obituary below. I plan to send a card that includes some money to help defray funeral expenses, but that's just me.

Shon and Jennifer Hallford
1310 FM 2887
Ballinger TX 76821

Elijah Tate Hallford, 16, of Ballinger, Texas, went on to his heavenly home on Monday, May 2, 2022.

He was born on November 13, 2005, to Shon Hallford and Jennifer McCorkle in Dallas, Texas. Tate was an outdoorsman, he loved fishing and hunting, playing golf, or just hanging out at the Ag department at Ballinger High School. Extremely opinionated, Tate never failed to express himself. He genuinely loved animals and a few select people too. Tate loved to laugh and make people laugh as well. He always began and ended every single day with an “I Love You,” and a fist bump.

Tate is preceded in death by his great-grandparents J.T. and Louise Thompson, his paternal grandfather Don Richard Hallford, and his maternal grandmother Patti McCorkle.

He is survived by his dad & mom Shon & Susan Hallford, his mother Jennifer Weinkauf, sister Rebecca Hallford, and brothers Bradley Hallford and Case Crawford. He is also survived by his grandmother Linda Hallford “Meemaw”, grandfather Scotty McCorkle, aunts Suzanne Walker and husband Charley, Debbie Ripley, and Kim Ewing, and his uncle Ryan McCorkle. Tate will be greatly missed by his closest friends Charlie Poteet, Marcus Castleberry, Demetrio “Nardy” Luna, Storm Skelton, and Osmar Leo, as well as countless other friends and relatives.

A visitation for Tate will be held on Thursday, May 5, 2022, at 6:00 pm at the 8th Street First Baptist Church, his service will follow on Friday, May 6, 2022, at 2:00 pm also at the 8th St. First Baptist Church with Max Pratt, Myron Hallford, and Barb Huston officiating. Interment will follow at Talpa Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Ballinger High School Golf Program in Tate’s name.

The family wishes to thank the community of Ballinger for their outpouring of love and support.

Man that hits close to home :zen: I have a 17 year old daughter that is driving and a 15 year old son that just got his learner's permit... I worry every time they leave the driveway, even if I am the one driving ;-)

Heart breaking. I hope they can learn over time to live with the never ending grief without it tearing up any of the other relationships in the family as can sometimes happen with the loss of a child.

Prayers sent. Can't tell you how many miles I had riding in pickup beds without belts. It's a terrible tragedy.

Wednesday was a really bad as the reality finally set in. My son was pretty much inconsolable, and I was hoping Thursday would be a better day, but Tate's family visitation was scheduled for 6:00 pm, and he couldn't go.................it just hurt too.much.

Terrell did want to go to the accident site to try and make sense of just what happened, so we did. I explained the importance of wearing a seat belt, which Tate was not. He was ejected from the truck.

I sent a card to the family on behalf of the TWT family in the hopes that it will help them cope, knowing that they are not alone in their grief. Like many, our small town is very close knit, and most everything is centered around our kids and our schools.

BISD cancelled school on Friday for Tate's service, as the kids aren't able to concentrate or do much as it was. Terrell refused to go to either service, saying he chose to remember Tate the way he last saw him, and not in a casket. I told him I understood , and respected his decision. As expected, the whole town turned out.

This will be my last post regarding Tate, as I can't bear much more. It simply hurts way too much.

Thanks to all the TWT family for your thoughts kindness and prayers.

Back