• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

^ Congrats!!!! Finally you did it! :) I run a Busa shock btw and if you don't mind the slight lift in the rear (even with hard bags!) and some much quicker turn in then its worth the $60-80 you may have to spend! :rofl:

Hey hey, a phone message from Lisa at Hotshot. My springs and valves on the way. My bushings from Bike Bandit on the way. Gonna have fun. Be about the 4 th time I'm gonna have that front end and forks apart. Had been doing a cleaning about every 20K miles and every 10 K on the KLR.

Hey hey, a phone message from Lisa at Hotshot. My springs and valves on the way. My bushings from Bike Bandit on the way. Gonna have fun. Be about the 4 th time I'm gonna have that front end and forks apart. Had been doing a cleaning about every 20K miles and every 10 K on the KLR.

I have a extra busa shock that I never put on....:trust:

If Achesley doesn't take it I may be interested in a back up if the price is right! :rider:

It'll be awhile be fore I get to the rear shock so sell it if you can. Just received my bushings in from BB yesterday, had fork seals already in my stock. Now just waiting for the GVs and Springs to get here before putting the old Bandit on the lift and going to work on it.
Not in any hurry really as my main ride down here the last few years has been my KLR. Bandit was my LD traveling bike and I'm not doing that anymore, but, like it too much to get rid of it. LOL Plus I'd have a hard time getting even 3k bucks for it and all the luggage that goes with it.

Hola!

I joined TWT because you are the preeminent source for B1250 information on the interwebs and I can't search unless I join.

Thanks for your wisdom and failures. I love this bike, it's a sledgehammer in a world of epees.

Matt with a daily driver '07 ABS. Ride to work, work to ride :rider:

Thanks GregH, great thread.

Last edited:
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!! More info in this forum than you'll ever absorb. I still use it as a resource even though I don't piddle much on my bike anymore. But, it's fixing to go on the bench in my shop for a front fork rebuild. Just waiting on a few more parts and fork oil to arrive before the tear down.

I'm glad this forum is here also... I'm John by the way... I've got an 09' bandit with 232 miles on it... I know the thread says 07'. Can I still post in here? Currently in the process of cleaning out the entire fuel system and tank... What a shame... But under my circumstances I'm just happy to still be alive...

New here, hope this is the right place; '07 bandit with 17,000 miles.
Just noticed a sneeze/scratching noise when starting up, right after the engine fires. Does this mean my starter is going out?
Thanks!

New here, hope this is the right place; '07 bandit with 17,000 miles.
Just noticed a sneeze/scratching noise when starting up, right after the engine fires. Does this mean my starter is going out?
Thanks!

you're macgruber-you tell us. :rofl: JK, JK

keep tight, someone will chime in w/o a smartie post.

I've heard of the mod, any year or other things to know before I splurge?

I never installed the 07 busa shock so I cannot comment. I bought a Penske for less than $400 that is adjustable nine ways to Sunday. I love it.

If I recall the 07 was "slightly" better for us fatties over say a 06. I have a 06 but would like a spare if nobody wants it. Let me know if you find it! PM me and include pics please! :)

Amazing, the mega thread is still going! This has to be some kind of record.

It's been a few years since I've sold my '07 but I keep wanting to get another, so every now and then I pop on here to see what's new. I never doubt that the mega thread still has activity but to see the regularity is impressive after 8 years of it being started!

It's been a few years since I've sold my '07 but I keep wanting to get another, so every now and then I pop on here to see what's new. I never doubt that the mega thread still has activity but to see the regularity is impressive after 8 years of it being started!

get another Bandit so you can "belong" again!

I sold my Bandito today. I enjoyed this bike immensely as well as gabbing with everyone on the forum. This site was very helpful on many occasions. I recently bought a Ducati Monster 1200 so I had to free up some space in the garage.
Take care gang!!

Well hi Brass.
Did you ever replace the Bandit with another ride? I seem to recall you sold yours the season after we went on our ride out to Turnner Valley.
Anyways drop me a line if your still riding.
Cheers.
Doug

I think of selling my 07 Bandit once in awhile. But, get it out and knock out a plus 100 mile afternoon ride on the smooth roads about here, or a quick run down I 10 just because and it's gotta stay. The gold valves and 1.1 spring I put in there a few weeks ago change the front a little. But, no matter what I do with it, the Bandit won't match the KLR's suspension on our ruff roads. But, the KLR won't match the Bandit on what it does best. So, guess they both will stay.
As soon as I finish a few projects here, I'll take the rear of the Bandit apart to do all the bearing on the rear linage. Just did that on the 15 year old KLR.
But, next chore , besides finishing carb work on the KLR and getting it's tires back on the ground, is, finishing painting the house ( LOL , so far 3 weeks into that project ) and, upgrading my 17' foot Nitro boat from 12V to 24V trolling motor at a 1500 buck cost.

I bought my 2007 Bandit back in 2007 and it now has 46.560 miles on the clock. During that time I've gotten 4 other bikes including a 2002 Super Blackbird. I sold the Bird after putting 30,000 miles on it. I put 36,480 miles on my 2011 Concours and 6,000 in my 2012 Bonneville.
I'll never sell the Bandit as it's the best do it all motorcycle in the bunch.
All I've done to it is tires, battery, chain, sprockets, the usual oil, filter changes, valve and plugs.
Just a great motorcycle. :clap:
Brent

Hi folks, trying to track down small coolant leak, long story short, the Haynes manual shows the bleeder screw location on the water pump but the pic is not very distinct and on my bike is not a screw at all. there is no screw on the water pump housing. is what I see the right one? does your bike have the screw? on ya, bike is 2007 1250s. thanks, Gary.

Hi folks, trying to track down small coolant leak, long story short, the Haynes manual shows the bleeder screw location on the water pump but the pic is not very distinct and on my bike is not a screw at all. there is no screw on the water pump housing. is what I see the right one? does your bike have the screw? on ya, bike is 2007 1250s. thanks, Gary.

Not sure but hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 164
Back