• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Austin Beer Mile...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Take 40 or so folks and tell them to bring four beers and their running gear. Then, when the "GO" is sounded, pound one and take off on a quarter-mile run. When done, drink another beer and run another quarter-mile. Repeat two more times for a mile/four beers. When the beer is empty, turn the can over your head to show it's empty or wear the beer. Puke on the run? Do a penalty lap.

I've got to say, many of my friends participated today and heck, I thought about it for like three seconds. Nope. Not this year.

But here's a few images to give you an idea of what this afternoon was about.

Full slideshow HERE

i-MMdKdcv-L.jpg

i-wvHTMfb-L.jpg

i-GLGngcw-L.jpg

i-4MfDf5X-L.jpg

i-H7S3RMP-L.jpg

i-DXKgRKZ-L.jpg

i-DX5W3Kw-L.jpg

Burp.........

GREAAAAAAAAAAAT Pictures. Hmmmmmmm maybe 30 years back or more I'd would of loved to do that. ;-)

Kudos to the one's drinking Guinness!!! Light beers are for weaklings... But yeah, a couple of decades ago I might have.

Scott:
Great pictures, they show the 'stereotypical' demographics of the city, including dogs, except you only captured one visible tattoo!
Only in Austin.

great pics!

I got caught skipping class in high school to buy donuts...and it was coach that caught me. I had to do the same thing except with donuts...and they were miles instead of quarters...ended up doing six miles and 6 donuts.

great pics!

I got caught skipping class in high school to buy donuts...and it was coach that caught me. I had to do the same thing except with donuts...and they were miles instead of quarters...ended up doing six miles and 6 donuts.

I did a bike ride a few years back called the Tour de Donut in Katy. The deal was you rode a timed race and you got a 5 minute time deduction for each donut you ate at the rest stops. It was nasty. I'd eat 2 donuts and get back on the bike and feel like puking. Some people were really packing away the donuts too. I think the winner consumed about 20 donuts over the 30 mile ride.

The 1 mile beer thing sounds a little better to me.

Beer, tonic water, Dr. Pepper, 7-Up.... it's all the same with beer giving the buzz in short order. Everyone made reference to 'bloating' by the end and if you think about it, drinking the beer and shaking it up in your belly would be like shaking the can building up pressure. Pressure takes the path of least resistance and that's back the way it went in - the gullet.

The event organizer said he was approached by some parents to do a Dr. Pepper Mile but he said he wouldn't do it for liability reasons. First, amping the kids up on four soda waters, then the whole "gateway" thing. You know..... first it's Dr. Pepper and running then it turns into beer and running. :rofl:

The gallery link above does have some funny shots though.

It's that time again......

TODAY 11/24/2012, arrive 3:15, run at 4pm, Slaughter Creek Park (Slaughter Ln/Escarpment Blvd)

We should do a team next year. Too bad I was working (saved by the job) today and couldn't do it. I wouldn't pick Guinness (why waste a great beer) and Bud Light would make me puke just on its own. Hmmm...

It's that time again......

TODAY 11/24/2012, arrive 3:15, run at 4pm, Slaughter Creek Park (Slaughter Ln/Escarpment Blvd)

Just back from Leakey. Missed it. Doh. We used to do similar at the WurstFest 5-miler except ours was 5 beers with one per mile AND a Turkey leg before finishing.....

Full gallery HERE. Lighting/WB was really tough with shade covering 95% and 4:15pm sunlight coming through holes in the tree canopy for the other 5%.

Whoops....
DSC_9715-211-L.jpg

And Daytrader (John) managed to show up with Alma
DSC_0296-51-L.jpg

Last edited:
Back