• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The DR/DRZ Thread

Re: Can we have a DR and DRZ thread?

What's the street price of a new 2009 DR nowadays? A dealer around here is selling new 2009 KLRs for only $4300.

I'll bet that will be hard to beat for a brand new bike. But consider that one weighs 50+ lbs more than the other and the choice is obvious :trust:

That said, I bought mine with 1700 miles on it for $3700 and I've seen much better deals than that. My seller had multiple interested parties so I gave him what he wanted and ran.

Last edited:

Nope... it's sold. Still have quite a few other parts though ;-)
OK, Lets see, do you still have the dirt wheels? beefier rear shock? skid plate or case guards? the dirt wheels would be the most sought after items we need. SZ.

I really do need to get to Arkansas. It's just easier to keep going to Colorado where I am very familiar with the region. Arkansas looks remarkable, though. Maybe I'll tag along on one of y'all's trips someday soon to learn my way around....

It was my first trip, lots of fun and surprisingly technical. That said, they're having quite a battle with trail access up there, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Did you check out my "Git R Done" ride report? Lots more pictures in there.

Now Colorado and Wyoming... that's where I wanna go.... :trust: (Oh and Mexico, when the shooting stops.)

OK, Lets see, do you still have the dirt wheels? beefier rear shock? skid plate or case guards? the dirt wheels would be the most sought after items we need. SZ.

No... only have the stock E model rear shock/spring out of that list of items.

I paid $5300 OTD for my brand new '08 DR650SE two years ago and only got $3200 trade-in for it from Central Texas Powersports in April when I bought my '10 Versys. It was still on their lot in Georgetown when I was there last month, and with barely 700 miles on it, would be a great deal for the NADA average retail price of $3330. I had an '06 KLR650 but liked the DR a whole lot better.

What's the street price of a new 2009 DR nowadays? A dealer around here is selling new 2009 KLRs for only $4300.

They still have the black 08 and a white 09 both listed at 4.299.00

I see on the Suzuki website that they still list new 2007's DRZ 400E models, does anyone know what you can buy these for from your local dealer for?

John

This resembles a DRZ. I'm not even going to try to list all the mods.

IMG_0096.jpg

Love my greenE. I've had it since winter '07, and have put about 6K on it. It really loves the Colorado mountains, so it lives up there during the summers and I get to ride the trails and jeep roads when not working on the cabin (be glad when I finish that sucker so I can ride more). I've got 2 sets of wheels, plus just got another rear, so I keep streets on one set and knobbies on the others. Gonna try a trials on one of the rears one of these days.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/cucharared/th_bikeleftside.jpg?t=1276904197
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/cucharared/th_sml400RonTrichera.jpg?t=1276904197

It's hard to see it, cut and paste the direct link to give us a bigger pic.

Here's something for you youngsters
1971-2_TS400_ad1_450.jpg

2001 DRZ250 Street legal...

2001%20DRZ250%20low%20front%20left%202010.jpg

2001%20DRZ250%20rear%202010.jpg

Now set up for a 260 lb rider, pipe and jetted, new chain (all done after these pics)

My pleasure, there may not be one bolt on the DRZs that would fit the TSs but somehow they are the closest thing to them. SZ.

Heres is a DR650SE(2007) headlight question. I havent done much research on this yet but what are my options in replacing the stock headlight bulb when she finally burns out? I think there may be some brighter or "better" replacement bulbs other than stock but am not sure. any suggestion?

1971-2_TS400_ad1_450.jpg

Very cool, but someone really should have proofread the copy before releasing it :lol2:

Heres is a DR650SE(2007) headlight question. I havent done much research on this yet but what are my options in replacing the stock headlight bulb when she finally burns out? I think there may be some brighter or "better" replacement bulbs other than stock but am not sure. any suggestion?

Not really, just shy of changing the entire headlight assembly with something that has a better reflector. It uses a typical 55/60 H4 bulb... you can get brighter bulbs, like a 80/100, but they aren't technically "legal"... which never stopped me ;-)

My first street bike was a brand new '78 Yamaha DT100E I bought with paper route money when I was 17 years old. It only had 98cc's and with stock gearing went 56MPH wide open but I eventually changed the front sprocket from a 14 to a 16 and was then able to hit 65MPH! Whoo Hoooo! My friend had a Suzuki TS100 and his bike could do 70MPH stock. :doh: We went all over the place on those little bikes. Longest trip I made was with a friend on the back and we left Port Arthur and headed to Bridge City then over to Vidor and on over to Beaumont, then back to Port Arthur. Doing that on a 100 was insane especially with a passenger! :eek2:

1971-2_TS400_ad1_450.jpg

Back