• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Toll Road/ 969 (MLK) trails

Gravel Guy

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Drumm
Well, I had some time today so I jumped the berm and spent about 40 minutes fooling around by myself in this area....there are a few 4 x 4 trails through this place, a few hills and some play-jumps......I didn't see any signs that said STAY OUT.....
In places the grasses and weeds are deep and it will take a bit of exploring to find out the entire perimeter of the place..there is a dried up tank in the middle...all in all looks like about 200 acres or so and a bunch of fun!!!

:sun:

I've seen people riding that area from the toll road. Looks like fun. Reminded me of some of the "not quite public" places I used to love to ride as a kid.

Subscribed. Jthompson and I have been talking about exploring over there for quite a while.

Did you guys ever figure the place out ?
Looked on google maps but couldn't see anything.

Vinny, was too muddy as of last Thursday......but I'm eyeballing her.....will get back to ya....:sun:

Ive been out there about 6 months ago and there are miles of paths to ride on, and I went almost all the way South to highway 71. I never saw any signs to Keep out and never saw any Police, but always kept my eyes peeled. Its another place to ride, but I prefer finding a motocross track someplace close besides Del Valle. Any suggestions?

I've seen the area and it looks like undeveloped land rather than someone's ranch property, I'll probably check it out sometime. Landowners/police are always on the lookout for illegal dumping and sometimes don't mind if folks are out there riding as long as they are not doing anything illegal and don't hold the owner held liable for anything.

Theres an area near cameron and rundberg thats pretty interesting to ride

Yep, that does look like a pretty good place. I've checked out a few other locations in that area but would like to check this out sometime. I've heard that there are intermittent trails from there all the way down to William Cannon. I'm going to make the full trek someday.

So is this at the SE corner along the power lines? Just bought a KLR 3 months ago and looking for some not to difficult dirt to learn on. This is my 3rd bike but first DS. Anyone have suggestions for a beginning dirt rider.

I've been by the Toll Road/ 969 (MLK) trails but haven't ridden them. There are lots of other areas to ride in E Austin also from wide, easy dirt trails to tight single track trails. Most of the riding areas are kind of on the down low so not to bring the wrong kind of attention to these great riding areas. I'd be happy to show you a few sometime that would be suitable for your KLR.

I've been by the Toll Road/ 969 (MLK) trails but haven't ridden them. There are lots of other areas to ride in E Austin also from wide, easy dirt trails to tight single track trails. Most of the riding areas are kind of on the down low so not to bring the wrong kind of attention to these great riding areas. I'd be happy to show you a few sometime that would be suitable for your KLR.

That would be great. I've been looking for some places close by.

It's a little wet and soggy out there now but it's supposed to dry up after today. In fact, weather next weekend is supposed to be a high of 79° with a 10% chance of rain and 57% humidity which is darn near ideal.

I'll most likely be doing some riding on the East Side trails on Sat or Sun so if anyone is interested in a little trail time, I'll make another post or thread probably on Thursday or Friday to see who else is interested.

Anyone interested in riding out to the 969/toll road trails this weekend? I'm itching to go check it out and this weekend promises to be a nice one.

Andy

Looks like a few of us want to ride these trails. Not sure if I can make it this weekend but if anyone that knows the trails wants to ride Friday I am in.

let's try and figure something out. I can only ride on weekends, as I own a small business and I'm very tied to it during the week.
Andy

I've been to the "area 51 "trails once before, and would like to give that another go some time. Probably won't be able to make it this weekend though...

Back