• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tom Beesely in ICU after track accident at Henderson

I heard about it on other boards. His accident moves a lot of people. RIP Tom.

My condolences to you Janet and Tom's family and friends.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I have had the opportunity to hear great stories about Tom.

my sympathies to you and everyone who knew him.

Nice write up....

Roadracingworld.com

R.I.P. Tom Beesley
Oct 02, 2007, By Peter Starr:

Copyright 2007, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

Tom Beesley

Photo by Peter Starr.
FIRST PERSON/OPINION:

Via e-mail:

Tom Beesley 1945 - 2007

Many in Southern California will remember Tom Beesley as the editor of Motorcycle Weekly and later Popular Cycling in the 1970s. Tom passed away on September 28th as a result of a track day motorcycle accident at Oak Hill Raceway, near Dallas, Texas. He was 61. Tom was a very active motorcyclist throughout his life, and had recently purchased a new bike, which he was "testing" at Oak Hill when the accident happened.

Tom was always the essence of professional journalism and most recently was a newspaper editor and chief photographer for the Star Group of newspapers based in Crowley Texas. He had a shrewd but quiet demeanor, which belied his intense support and enthusiasm for all aspects of motorcycle sport. He was a quiet Texan who wrote about and photographed some of the most remembered incidents of the early years of motorcycle journalism. Among his many memorable pieces was the insightful coverage of Kenny Roberts winning the 1975 Indy 500 on the four-cylinder TZ750 dirt tracker.
Gavin Trippe, the publisher of Motorcycle Weekly said "Tom did much to establish style and integrity during his sojourn at Motorcycle Weekly"

Tom leaves Sylvia, his wife of 40 years, and his son Jared. Letters of remembrance can be sent to Jared and Sylvia at jaredbeesley01@gmail.com

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks Keith.
I thought I would show everyone this picture. This is Tom (sitting) and Dad. I was standing there when they took this picture in the driveway at our house. I think it was around 1970 or so.
76044065.jpg

Janet

Back