• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS sprint enduro

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan

Slim chance but a chance. I've been off work with this virus for 3 weeks, not back yet. Weekends are when I work, not sure if I'll risk asking off. My owner is a riding partner, now if I talk him into racing......

What is the difference....Cross Test vs Enduro Test?
My guess and thinking the "cross" test is faster and open terrain. Enduro would be more typical single track, technical riding.

Last edited:
I think that is one thing TORCS and other series could do better at is explaining what they do. They could do it in an easy to read format.

Sprint Enduro... They don't say anywhere on the flyer or web site what this is. They should compare and contrast it to the normal format. They would need to give a good description of the normal format in order to compare the sprint to. There is noting on that flyer that makes me say, Wow i'd like to give that a try. I have tried several times to figure out what goes on at a TORCS event and if you don't know someone who is running the series you would be hard pressed to figure it out. I think they might get more participation from new people if they knew what to expect. The just show up and race sounds simple, but is very intimidating to a new rider or even a seasoned rider that has never competed.

Example(This is not accurate and is just an example) TORCS is an off-road racing series held on various properties across Texas. The participants are divided into classes based on age, skill level and bike size. The race consist of a marked course that can be previewed at a designated time before the event. The competition is based on the number of laps completed in a set period of time ranging from 1.5 hrs. to 2 hrs. this could be 3 to 6 laps based on skill level and course length. blah, blah, blah

true, marketing is probably not their strong point. They depend too much on Facebook that everyone doesn't use.

Two days of Sprint Enduro Racing. Race one day or both. 4 Cross Test and 4 Enduro Test each day. Racers will make four attempts on each test. The total, cumulative time from each test will be used for race results. The rider with the fastest cumulative time from the four test wins.
Gate Hours:
Fri 4-11pm
Sat 6am-3pm
Sun 6am-3pm
Registration (Bring helmet to registration)
Fri 4-7pm
Sat 6:30-8:30
8:45 Mandatory Riders Meeting at staging, race will start after meeting.
Sun 6:30-8:30

Understatement of the century! As a business model TORCS is a :giveup:
There is a lot to long for, but its better than not having a series!

I'll be there Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There is a lot to long for, but its better than not having a series!

I'll be there Saturday.

No doubt, don't think I leaned that way, hope not! I try to help, why I keep it posted here and on KTMTALK.COM

I think they got into the Facebook thing and its so easy and reaches most of their folks. But I don't think they realize not all of their folks.
Some have to get it from racers such as myself and @Aspear spreading the word. Not sure they realize it.

Gonna try and be there Saturday, really enjoyed the head to head racing so Iā€™ll see how I like this. And I can agree on the very vague poster, had no clue what the difference was until I asked @Aspear

Hopefully one of the "kids" at work will fill in for me, like to make one day of this!

Two days of Sprint Enduro Racing. Race one day or both. 4 Cross Test and 4 Enduro Test each day. Racers will make four attempts on each test. The total, cumulative time from each test will be used for race results. The rider with the fastest cumulative time from the four test wins.
Gate Hours:
Fri 4-11pm
Sat 6am-3pm
Sun 6am-3pm
Registration (Bring helmet to registration)
Fri 4-7pm
Sat 6:30-8:30
Sun 6:30-8:30
Classes
Pro $1000.00 Pro Pay Out each day.
SPORT 13-29 A,B,C
VET 30+ A,B,C
MASTER 40+ A,B,C
SENIOR 50+ A,B,C
SUPER SENIOR 60+ A, C,
WOMEN OPEN
SUPERMINI

I got a feeling no matter the format, this is going to be a long hot day!! Still wish I was off for one day of it.

I watched some of the videos in youtube. A few of the spots look quite hard but im gonna give it a try.
There's usually easy and hard lines on the hillclimbs, just have to choose wisely

Goertz is a challenging property but the format should be easier that the typical race

And throw in some moisture, lol! Probably not a problem in August.

Sprint 101
Pro riders go first, followed by A/B/C
2 special tests
Enduro test, wood section
Cross test, grass track, fast creeks, etc
4 laps per test
After the first lap riders will go out according to previous lap speed. 15 second intervals between riders. No dust, no bar banging.
20ish minutes between laps depending on rider participation
Do your lap, chill, come back and do it again. Perfect summer race format. Plenty of shade at Goertz Ranch. Go fast or go lastšŸ

If you ain't here, Yall are missing out on a great day of racing!

Back