• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trials Class March 18-19 Zars Ranch

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
I have 6 time champ Ryan Young coming back to Texas for another Trials Class, so if you have a trials bike and want to get 2 days of real pro instruction
this is a great learning experience

In the trials world, e-bike any advantage or disadvantage? I would imagine if it isn't equipped with a clutch that would be a problem.
8379F448-D9EC-4133-82B4-566028C9E5F6.jpeg

I have never tried one. Several of the trials vets that meet at Rio Bravo now ride e-trials bikes. they Are all happy with them, they call them cheater bikes. some even have clutches.
They’re the same brand as the one in the pic you posted. EM Electric Motion. There very trick.

Last edited:
Yes the EM is cool we have a couple of guys in our group with them. I have not tried it yet as the last thing I need is an encouragement to buy another motorcycle

So serious guys are already using them. Cool.

Bud, any bikes for sale in your group. Not new one. Cheaper ones!

i tried my buddy's EM trials bike. IT now comes w/ a clutch.
it's not identical to a mechanical clutch, but it does the job.
what that elec trials bike does have is, EM gives you 3 very distinct power modes.
it's like having 3 size motors ( 125cc, 230cc, and 300cc) for tight, med. and open courses.

just dial in the amount of powerband you want, and work that clutch at WFO throttle... no need to go light nor limp on that right wrist anymore.

The Montesa lives!!!

The new fuel pump gaskets solved the leak, and she purrs like a kitten again.

Now to get some hours on her before the taining day.

Bud, I can't thank you enough for putting this together. Please don't forget to let me know when you do this next year.

All I can say is I had no idea that I knew so little about riding motorcycles until we watched Ryan dance on his bike as if it was an extension of himself. Just a massive privilege to have learned from such a master and great teacher!

If I can only remember 2% of what he taught us, it was worth it...

Bud, I can't thank you enough for putting this together. Please don't forget to let me know when you do this next year.

All I can say is I had no idea that I knew so little about riding motorcycles until we watched Ryan dance on his bike as if it was an extension of himself. Just a massive privilege to have learned from such a master and great teacher!

If I can only remember 2% of what he taught us, it was worth it...
enjoyed the weekend and all the comradery that was had, skills were learned limits were reached no one got hurt we all laughed and we will do it all again next year.

Anytime you want to come down and ride feel free to call or email as you only got to see a fraction of the property

Back