• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: WEST/CENTRAL HOUSTON DUAL-SPORT MEET UP

The restaurant was good, as was the company. Wouldn't mind going back.

+1
You got rained on real good for your ride home didn't you? Only 2nd time ever I didn't ride to a meet. I had a large box to return at Cycle Gear so caged it. Good timing as I would have got soaked going home. 25 miles of crowded freeway, at night and pouring rain was happily avoided.

_

I did get rained on, but actually stayed pretty dry. Getting pelted in the face through my MX helmet was the least pleasant, followed by less than ideal visibility. Will need to upgrade in both of those departments. Otherwise not too bad on the way home.

Much sympathies for you being "stuck"..not! The weather here has been rain and no sun since Saturday afternoon. Seems like I moved to London.

Cruisers? You want cruisers go to FL. I swear they were 10 to 1 over other bikes. And I don't mean individually over other bikes, I am talking collectively.
Tourer + dual sport + adventure + street + sportsbike = 1
Cruisers = 9

_

Yea, last time we were in the Keys it seemed like there was a cruiser rental on every island. Really, why trailer your bike all that way when you can rent one? :rofl: Not too many of the X-Bikes here in Southern California - you know the cruisers with wide bars and wide foot pegs. Too hard to lane split I guess. Lots of DS bikes, modern classics (especially along the beach) and tons of DS.

Next meeting needs to be a Quan Hy in Westminster. Best Pho on the planet!

BTW, did y'all see Travel and Leisure's latest ranking of top food cities? This is going to cause a blood bath in my family. Chi Town was way down the list!

BTW, loud pipes may not save lives, but in 20 MPH bumper to bumper traffic they do a great job of warning you that a bike is coming up from behind.

I think some people use the "loud pipes save lives" bit as an excuse to buy loud pipes, but I've personally heard bikes before I saw them when I was considering a lane change or something. It made me take a second look, spotting what I heard, before making any changes.

BTW, did y'all see Travel and Leisure's latest ranking of top food cities? This is going to cause a blood bath in my family. Chi Town was way down the list!

No I didn't but I wouldn't be surprised if the same issue has one of those multi page paid advertising inserts for that same city.

_

Next meeting needs to be a Quan Hy in Westminster. Best Pho on the planet!

More great restaurants on that street than I can mention. My all time favorite Dim Sum place outside of Hong Kong is not even a mile away. You do know you're only a few miles away from where we stayed last LAB2LV? Pop in and say hello to my kids. You'll get fed some good Filipino food.

_

More great restaurants on that street than I can mention. My all time favorite Dim Sum place outside of Hong Kong is not even a mile away. You do know you're only a few miles away from where we stayed last LAB2LV? Pop in and say hello to my kids. You'll get fed some good Filipino food.

_

Next time we'll stay a few days in OC before heading back across the desert. Lots to see and do.

Well, I have to turn the planning over to someone else for the next two weeks. My6 is working late this week and maybe next week. I am under the weather today and will be out of the country next week. Hope you find a cool place to meet while we're away. See you in two weeks.

Travel Diva

:flip:

I am back in town tonight. Is anyone else planning to meet? I'm game to travel outside of our normal area if someone has a good suggestion. :eat:

Sorry your not feeling better Travel Diva. Hope you & My6 have a great time in Paris! Remember; You get extra TWT kudo points if you ride a bike while in Europe. And you get double points if you ride dirt in Europe. Have fun!

We're back from the Golden State. The Admiral is on her way so we can pick up the bike hauler that's been in the shop for a motor transplant while we were away. After that, who knows. Was thinking about Fadi's for some good Mediterranean food, but we might be swayed into another restaurant. There's always Cafe **** on Westheimer and the Beltway if you're into Bosnian. It's not good for vegetarians, but I'll throw myself on the knife and eat some Cevap.

What are y'all thinking?

What a hoot! The filters have turned a food into a dirty word! For the definition of the four stars above think a piece of unleavened flour bread, cooked in a wood oven and served with gyros, hummus, etc.

Last edited:
It would be OK with me if it were something else. I'm not quite as partial to mediteranian food as others. Mostly about exploring the ranges of Mexican, Italian, the many varieties of Asian, American, and Ocean sourced. What limited exposure I've had to Middle Eastern & Mediteranian cuisine has never been regarded as all that favorable.

We're back from the Golden State. The Admiral is on her way so we can pick up the bike hauler that's been in the shop for a motor transplant while we were away. After that, who knows. Was thinking about Fadi's for some good Mediterranean food, but we might be swayed into another restaurant. There's always Cafe **** on Westheimer and the Beltway if you're into Bosnian. It's not good for vegetarians, but I'll throw myself on the knife and eat some Cevap.

What are y'all thinking?

What a hoot! The filters have turned a food into a dirty word! For the definition of the four stars above think a piece of unleavened flour bread, cooked in a wood oven and served with gyros, hummus, etc.
Cafe ****+ is right down the street from me. I'd be game to go there next week.

Okay, we'll try again next week. I went to pick up the Explorer and the air cleaner was not clipped down, wiring had been cut and not repaired and the shroud was missing of the radiator. I'm not sure what else is wrong, but the shop gets to keep it until they get it right!

Not sure what the plan is this week. Travel Diva is out of the country. Silverbullet is in Big Bend. No telling what MY6 is up to . The Admiral and myself should be able to make it. Haven't heard from the TW Cartel's spokesman.

Any suggestions?

I would not count on me showing this week. I will be doing the overtime boogy all week.:thumb:

Back from Big Bend but leaving again in the morning on the new bike for a few days of dirt and backroads in northern MS. Last week's ride was the old bike, this week the new bike, next month is the blue bike, who's got a bike I can borrow to complete the cycle?

_

Back