• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Houston DS Riders

I di them occasionally. Fayetteville loop or Bellville loop, however not consistent. I am doing a ride to Lockhart for bbq this Saturday. Mostly or all paved roads

Any fun 2-3 hours loops near The Woodlands? Paved or unpaved. Staying here for a month and a half.

Any fun 2-3 hours loops near The Woodlands? Paved or unpaved. Staying here for a month and a half.
Search Cheeseburger and Groveton for rides out of New Waverly. This time of year Cheeseburger would be easier. Groveton can be very sandy.

Search Cheeseburger and Groveton for rides out of New Waverly. This time of year Cheeseburger would be easier. Groveton can be very sandy.

I've done Cheesburguer twice, it was a 5-6 hour ordeal for me. Looking for something shorter.

I have never ridden a motorcycle before but would like to learn and do small offroad ride in woodlands or northwest houston if there’s a place to. I bought an enduro bike and it does not have texas plates yet for onroad but should be good for offroad riding. I live in northwest houston, cypress area and would be happy to meet anyone who can show me the ropes and start off on some small off road rides.

I have never ridden a motorcycle before but would like to learn and do small offroad ride in woodlands or northwest houston if there’s a place to. I bought an enduro bike and it does not have texas plates yet for onroad but should be good for offroad riding. I live in northwest houston, cypress area and would be happy to meet anyone who can show me the ropes and start off on some small off road rides.

Unfortunately there's very little off-road riding available. 3 Palms has a little bit of trails in addition to their motocross tracks. I think Rio Bravo does too. There's also the SHNF multi use trails. We mostly ride street legal bikes on unpaved county roads around here because it's what's available.

Welcome, you are going to have fun. I would start with a MSF Basic Rider Course. They should provide a motorcycle for you to ride (I have never taken this course because I have been licensed since the late '80s (scary)). This should start you on the basics of motorcycle operations plus you will need this to get your motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license.

Unfortunately there's very little off-road riding available. 3 Palms has a little bit of trails in addition to their motocross tracks. I think Rio Bravo does too. There's also the SHNF multi use trails. We mostly ride street legal bikes on unpaved county roads around here because it's what's available.
Okay thank you. Which trail would you recommend at sam houston for someone who is a beginner?

Welcome, you are going to have fun. I would start with a MSF Basic Rider Course. They should provide a motorcycle for you to ride (I have never taken this course because I have been licensed since the late '80s (scary)). This should start you on the basics of motorcycle operations plus you will need this to get your motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license.

Thank you, yes I am taking the msf course this upcoming weekend.

Okay thank you. Which trail would you recommend at sam houston for someone who is a beginner?

Whatever is open. The trails coalition is constantly working to undo damage done by heavy rains. Be sure to check the trail status before you go. I also recommend bringing a friend in case you need help.

There's 4 trailheads and not a lot of difference. Some loops shorter than others. Trails are 2 way, so can always uturn and go back. Biggest thing is SAND. All have it sooner or later. General consensus is Kelly Pond trailhead best for beginners.

Back