• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Happened in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Today?

Info on the tortillas?

The ones she made the quesadillas out of are the La Banderita Stree Taco sized Carb Counter Zero Net Carb tortillas

IMG_3849(1).JPG

Every day at Breakfast I make 3 eggs with sausage and cheese and put them in the La Tortilla Factory Zero Net Carb tortillas. All are purchased at either HEB or Wal Mart.

IMG_3850(1).JPG

Pete, I like the color of her, but that seat has way more "seat" than you do, should be comfy, too bad she won't wheelie/stoppie...LOL. Nice scoot.

The Scooter Shop has had a little activity the last couple of days. The beemer has a new rear tire and valve stem. I had to pic between the silver and the black, decided I liked the silver. Also replaced all the aluminum fasteners with stock BMW fasteners, removed the tank protectors and installed the $100 BMW Motorrad Tank protector.

First pop out of the gun, I did not have a 34mm socket for the rear axle, who knew? So I went to Harbor Freight and used my gift card, bough the Metric Front Axle Socket 1/2 in Drive set for $60.00. Seems of reasonable HF quality (Pittsburgh Brand) and did the job.

IMG_3854.JPG

So the rear, having previously been plugged, needed a new tire. The Michelin Pilot Power 2CT in 190/55/R17 fits nicely and is a little over 1/2 in narrower than the Bridgestone BT21 that was on there. The plug held up well at higher "legal" speeds than recommended by the plug manufacturer.

IMG_3855.JPG

IMG_3856.JPG

Got a nice clean in the swingarm area with the tire removed, had a few water crossings and dirt road miles to clean off.

IMG_3857(1).JPG

Then I tried the black and silver valve stems ($29 per pair at Kurveygirl.com) and settled on the silver.

IMG_3858.JPG

IMG_3859.JPG

IMG_3862(1).JPG

All done, new rear. I will get the front done today as I plan to ride a little on the bikes to enjoy the temperature rise.

IMG_3863(1).JPG

On the SV650S I installed the brake side (no pics) and the shift side stock footrests. Still pretty high, but better. Turns out I have the wrong one on the brake side and have ordered the proper one from Suzuki. Hopefully we will ride her soon. She needs the love. The right side is currently about 1/2 in higher than the left, but I will fix it.

IMG_3851(1).JPG

IMG_3852(1).JPG

IMG_3853(1).JPG

Nice HF set. I have the smaller size set and love it.

Finished up the beemer tires this morning. Put the front on and did about 60 beemer miles (included an up and down FM51). Got a pic of the valve stem install. The secret sauce for the installation is Loctite 242 (Blue medium strength) and holding the stem in place with a crescent wrench.

My unconventional method to do the front on the lift is to hold the rear in the vise and lift the front. Works great, get a nice workout putting her up there backwards as well.

IMG_3864(1).JPG

Secret weapon on the install is the little inch pound torque wrench to do 77 in lb. Looks good to me.

IMG_3866(1).JPG

IMG_3867(1).JPG

I ran her on the balancer and she was at 5 grams on fine. Good enough for me. So I mounted her up.

IMG_3868(1).JPG

I also have installed all the factory beemer fasteners and the R&G exhaust mount with a left side peg block off plate. She is looking sexy.

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3886(1).JPG

She turns much better and the tires are just right. I like the Michelin Pilot Powers. These are 2CTs. Very much enjoy them, they are on all the scooters except the SV650S. After the Beemer ride, I came home and took the Vitpilen out for a blast. She was a hoot, did the same up and down FM51 and it was great. Of course, after mounting tires and riding fast in the twisties, Pee Paw is pretty worn out. But four days of work will make it all better. LOL.

Since we last visited PPSS...

I got the pegs on the SV650S and rode her to work yesterday. It was fun, she ran well and everything works. I had forgotten how nice the ride is on the little 650.

IMG_3923(1).JPG

Also, this week, I brought the MT-10 home for a valve clearance check, new tires, an oil change and I removed the "underglow", I am waiting on a tool for the "Clic-R" style hose clamps. Definitely will pull the radiator for this one. So far I did the tires, took her for a spin and now I am disassembling.

Just arrived...

IMG_3902.JPG

Rear off, new valve stems, heating the new tires, then mounted and balanced and installed. She looks good.

IMG_3903(1).JPG

IMG_3904.JPG

IMG_3906(1).JPG

IMG_3907(1).JPG

IMG_3909.JPG

IMG_3912(1).JPG

IMG_3913(1).JPG

She got 31 mpg!!!! Dang!

IMG_3914(1).JPG

Got the tank off...

IMG_3915(1).JPG

IMG_3916(1).JPG

IMG_3917(1).JPG

IMG_3920(1).JPG

The air filter was gnarly, probably affected the gas mileage, got one ordered...

filter.jpg

Then, while removing all the under glow stuff, I cut a wire to Mr, ECU, this resulted in my expressing displeasure, verbally, within PPSS, however, only I heard it so no harm no foul. Here are some pics of the carnage and repair, note the use of my brother's 1979 USS Nimitz lighter for the win.

IMG_3928(1).JPG

IMG_3929(1).JPG

IMG_3930(1).JPG

IMG_3931(1).JPG

IMG_3935(1).JPG

So far so good, need to see if I have the right size shims, or order some. So far she is easy to work on, just a little fiddly to disassemble, but still not difficult. Enjoying the work. Next I will drain the radiator, remove it and the valve cover and check clearances. Hopefully, I won't have to pull the cams, but motorcycle maintenance is an adventure unto itself and I will enjoy the path that it gives me. More to come.

Of course, I knew I was stupid when I heard that special click...LOL. Of course, now I may be getting yet another scooter for PPSS. We will see what the weekend will bring.

9Interesting!!
So many recent posts, since the recent wiring harness ASSULT... So many smart *** comments come to mind...
Woodsguy summed it up best👌...
But... Before I can. Let it go... CRIMPERS my gosh look at the damage done already with the little tiny flush(toe nail clippers) cutters... Soldered joint heat shrinking water resistant coverings and carry on...
Just my opinion I could be wrong, or not...
🫣

At least it was not cut right at the connector. :doh:
Not a biggie. Take apart connector and replace pin. Looks like standard ECM connector
So many recent posts, since the recent wiring harness ASSULT... So many smart *** comments come to mind...
Woodsguy summed it up best👌...
But... Before I can. Let it go... CRIMPERS my gosh look at the damage done already with the little tiny flush(toe nail clippers) cutters... Soldered joint heat shrinking water resistant coverings and carry on...
Just my opinion I could be wrong, or not...
🫣
a proper crimp joint done with proper parts and proper crumpet (wow is that a Freudian slip by spell checker) is superior to a solder joint.

Supplies to do this ARE NOT sold by your local auto supply, home improvement store or even Radio Shack

Think Oetiker clamp vs worm drive clamp

Back