• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where are you buying motor oil nowadays?

Tuco

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
I had been buying my preferred 5W-40 syn oil off Amazon last few years. The last time (Dec 2021) I purchased a 6 pack, I paid $52. Yesterday it was listed at $85. This morning $92. Crazy.

Where are you finding reasonable pricing?

Costco for the cars. I was buying the six pack of Mobil 1 for in the $30s, but I don’t k ow what they are running now. It’s going to be a long while before I need any more. They also have their private label synthetic that’s a pretty good buy which I will switch to as go through the different weights of Mobil 1 I have on the shelf. For the bikes, I had been getting the Rotella T4 from Wally World. I made the change to T6, and Wally doesn’t seem to have it so I ended up getting a few of the 5 qt jugs from Autozone at $31.99 jug

I always by the 5Q Syn oil container from Walmart - I think I paid $32 last time (March)
Have not looked at prices recently.

Walmart, AutoZone,Oreillys.... basically wherever I see my oil for the price I'm looking for.

Now mostly Costco Kirkland full synthetic. Used to be super cheap. They've jacked up the price since, but still excellent price. Feeding 4 vehicles use a lot of oil. Sometimes, the majors run rebates and I'd grab some. Mobil 1 had one just last month. Works out to about $20 for 5qt bottle + filter.

For moto, I stock up when there are on sale and have rebates.

Amsoil as well. Switch to it awhile ago in my Duramax Diesel. liked it so much use it in the gas V8s as well. Will be switching over the Kubota tractor and the Polaris Rangers.

Wish Walmart was still selling those 12 qt. Boxes of oil. That was the deal there, even if disposal was a bit of a pain.

Two weeks ago I asked my wife to get some 0w-20w Valvoline synthetic for her CRV ay NAPPA. They only had quarts 5 qts. were 12.00 per quart. Next day I was at Walmart the same oil in 5 qt. jug 23.99. I called NAPPA and he said he knows how I feel. I price everything around these days.
We just bought 4 Cooper tires for the CRV and HAPPA had the best price at 128/ tire. My Michelin days are over because we don't dive that much anymore.

Back