• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where do you put your toll tag

Yeah, there are a lot of hoops. And I can't get my account set up (probably because my motorcycle plate changed and we hadn't updated it yet.)

Perhaps the stupidest thing is that I can't get the reduced rate in the morning because I enter the Express about 10 minutes before what they call rush hour. Yet the rate goes UP during rush hour because of the number of vehicles.

The politicians who signed off on this deserve to be exiled to Siberia.

7am the price triples but if you put this tracking app on your phone we will give you a 50% discount!:lol2:

I will have to pay closer attention today on way to airport and see what the price is at 4:30 and again when I return after 10pm

Yeah, there are a lot of hoops. And I can't get my account set up (probably because my motorcycle plate changed and we hadn't updated it yet.)

Perhaps the stupidest thing is that I can't get the reduced rate in the morning because I enter the Express about 10 minutes before what they call rush hour. Yet the rate goes UP during rush hour because of the number of vehicles.

The politicians who signed off on this deserve to be exiled to Siberia.
The rate goes up to discourage people from using it. That's their plan to keep a minimum 50 mph speed in the express lanes.

The rate goes up to discourage people from using it. That's their plan to keep a minimum 50 mph speed in the express lanes.

Ya' think? And yet, if they extended the HOV time a little, they could get more HOV and/or motorcycles taking it BEFORE the crunch time. That would also keep the speed up.

And you know what would REALLY keep the speed up? If the idiots who camp in the left lane would move over like they're supposed to.

In the desk drawer and it can't read it when I split lanes. The HCTA has a scam with TexTag, they send the toll charge, they deny it , you make calls and send e-mails and call some more, they say "Oh, we see you DO have a tag for that car, we sent them a e-mail. That well be a $5 charge and the tolls for the convince.":doh:

Before I would carried the tag on my vehicle, I went with the "let the scanner read my license" style. I eventually got a bill which included extra charges for a human to read the camera shots.

Ya' think? And yet, if they extended the HOV time a little, they could get more HOV and/or motorcycles taking it BEFORE the crunch time. That would also keep the speed up.

And you know what would REALLY keep the speed up? If the idiots who camp in the left lane would move over like they're supposed to.
Yeah, it's not a great plan. Dallas has more money running through it than most countries, but they think $4 toll charge will keep traffic down? Lol
Before I would carried the tag on my vehicle, I went with the "let the scanner read my license" style. I eventually got a bill which included extra charges for a human to read the camera shots.
That sucks.

Back