• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who's got a KTM 390 Adventure here?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
The title says it all. Who here on TWT has a KTM 390 Adventure? Let's see them and tell us all about them, the good and bad.

It's a KTM, what else is there to say, lol! They look pretty neat to me. With my tonnage not sure I'd enjoy it.

I don't own one but I borrowed a friends. I was quite impressed (I ride a CRF300 Rallye) - the 390
engine is smoooooth and quite powerful for a 400cc. The suspension was sublime - it's a KTM...
Everything about the 390 was impressive except for 1 thing - the riding position - it feels like a
road bike - you lean over a bit too much for my liking.

I'm hoping the "R" comes out with more of a ADV riding position. It will be on my shopping list

I don't own one but I borrowed a friends. I was quite impressed (I ride a CRF300 Rallye) - the 390
engine is smoooooth and quite powerful for a 400cc. The suspension was sublime - it's a KTM...
Everything about the 390 was impressive except for 1 thing - the riding position - it feels like a

I'm hoping the "R" comes out with more of a ADV riding position. It will be on my shopping list
Do you think bar risers would help with that or is it also an issue of seat to foot peg positioning that puts you in a more forward biased riding position?

Do you think bar risers would help with that or is it also an issue of seat to foot peg positioning that puts you in a more forward biased riding position?
I think it's the relationship of all 3 - not sure about the bar risers. I'm 5'7, so it may be worse for someone taller; Best thing
is to sit on one (or better ride one) and see how it feels. It felt weird to me as I am used to a "sit up and beg" type if arrangment.

Otherwise a really, really great bike - that <400lbs/40hp bike that I'm in the market ti buy.

Well, we can add me to the list now. I got one for the kids to ride and they love it. It does have a set of Rox Risers on it. It also has larger adventure style foot pegs and a Blackdog skid plate.

I sat on one a few weekends ago and was glad I didn’t go that route , it just didn’t feel like a I would have enjoyed riding it very long.

I sat on one a few weekends ago and was glad I didn’t go that route , it just didn’t feel like a I would have enjoyed riding it very long.
I've yet to get a chance to actually ride it. However, the kids seem to think it is very comfortable for them. One thing though, they both weigh 150 lbs or less, so the seat might not be an issue for them. It might be a bit of an issue for me :-P

can anyone tell me if the cockpit/seat arrangement on the 390
is large enough for 2 UP riding ? Any real world experience?

thanks

Back