• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

I will arrive Wednesday afternoon and ready for a ride Thursday? The dirtier the better. Anyone heading for the state park Thursday?

Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

I am staying in the SP Bunkhouse Wednesday night with Silverbullet, Jmz, WildernessRider, and Brad (not on TWT) and we are riding the SP on Thursday.

found out I have a extra bed in my room at Tliguna TX at the Eldorado Hotel. I've got reservations for Wed thru Sat. night. Anyone want to share a room?
Older rider (old fart) on a KLR 650. Non smoker.

Check your PM's

I am staying in the SP Bunkhouse Wednesday night with Silverbullet, Jmz, WildernessRider, and Brad (not on TWT) and we are riding the SP on Thursday.

Donny just cancelled, broken frame yesterday at SHNF. He's still riding the Challenges on his Terra but no SP with it. Brad is "DirtorSlab" on TWT.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I stand corrected. See you Wednesday, SB!

Donny just cancelled, broken frame yesterday at SHNF. He's still riding the Challenges on his Terra but no SP with it. Brad is "DirtorSlab" on TWT.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

pics_zps4df27837.jpg

:rider:

Decide to put a new tire on the rear of the Gasgas today. Just now getting good enough to change it on my own without pinching the tube.
Thanks to JT, Sam and others, I tackle more difficult maintenance issues.
Well, let's check the rear bearings. Look at the you tube video.... Looks cool.
Wow! The outside seal looked cleaned. Inside is a gritty, muddy mess. Don't even know how this thing was rolling.
Thanks guys, I would of left it alone till it became a solid if it wasn't for the confidence you have given me.
Plus, I hope, I won't be the guy in the middle of nowhere holding the group.

Attachments

• CAM00917.jpg
    CAM00917.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 226

Are there any wives or significant others going? MY6 is doing the Desert Challenge Friday and since I'm not, I'll be looking for something else to do (riding or otherwise).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Here's the plan folks:

Thursday - National park loop (KLR friendly) - 139 miles

Friday - State park northeast (Solitario - NOT KLR friendly) - 55 miles (trailering bikes to the park)

Saturday -
* Option 1 Mexico Peguis canyon (KLR friendly) - 200 miles
* Option 2 State park northwest (Cienega mts - NOT KLR friendly) - 55 miles (trailering bikes to the park)

Sunday - Whichever option didn't get done Saturday and dinner in OJ.

I'll be delighted to have folks join in on these rides. No one gets left behind.

** Mexico - You MUST have a valid passport and original license receipt OR original title for your motorcycle. Several $$ for exit fees.

Thanks for the tips. I finally found info about dual-sport riding issues involved on the Terlingua Ranch. I better stay in the park.

flipmeister.gif

See ya next week.

RB

Are there any wives or significant others going? MY6 is doing the Desert Challenge Friday and since I'm not, I'll be looking for something else to do (riding or otherwise).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I told my wife it would be cool if she could go , she said, " I`M NOT GOING OUT THERE AND JUST SIT AROUND WHILE YOUR OUT RIDING !!!!" :lol2:

I just cancelled my condo at Chisos Mining Company. I hope someone rents it. I just had surgery, can't go. Have fun.

I'll be heading out Weds with new tires on the G-Strom looking for a ride on Thurs. A dity but street tire friendly ride.:loco:

Here's the plan folks:

Friday - State park northeast (Solitario - NOT KLR friendly) - 55 miles (trailering bikes to the park)

Hey RG, do you know what time you will be in the State Park? Me and a buddy are arriving Thursday evening and staying in the bunk house till Sunday morning. We're riding out there on Friday and Saturday and the Solitario is on the list. Would be cool to ride with you if we can get together.

Jeff

Wheres the free camping at?

Wheres the free camping at?

Any Walmart parking lot. :lol2:

Gareth Park is one place I've heard of. It's across the street from the El Dorado Hotel.

Decide to put a new tire on the rear of the Gasgas today. Just now getting good enough to change it on my own without pinching the tube.
Wow! The outside seal looked cleaned. Inside is a gritty, muddy mess. Don't even know how this thing was rolling.
Thanks guys, I would of left it alone till it became a solid if it wasn't for the confidence you have given me.

Vinny, are you going to clean and repack that or have new bearings installed? Still plan on going Thursday?

Vinny, are you going to clean and repack that or have new bearings installed? Still plan on going Thursday?

Going for sure. Just finished repacking them. New tire also. I think I'll check the front wheel bearings on Tuesday.

Thanks for the tips. I finally found info about dual-sport riding issues involved on the Terlingua Ranch. I better stay in the park.

flipmeister.gif

See ya next week.

RB

All TR owner politics aside, I'm going under the premise that the Desert Challenge ride has been formally approved by ranch management and that riders who stay on the route take no legal risk in riding the route. No reason not to ride it if you can.

Well, weather report for tomorrow does not appear good for driving until you get far south. May postpone a day.

Hey RG, do you know what time you will be in the State Park? Me and a buddy are arriving Thursday evening and staying in the bunk house till Sunday morning. We're riding out there on Friday and Saturday and the Solitario is on the list. Would be cool to ride with you if we can get together.

Jeff

That'd be a hoot! Let's get together out there. Y'all are doing it the smart way...staying at the ranch. I'll be doing it the other way...driving from Terlingua. Means it'll be later than I'd prefer but so be it. I'll have the radio on so give a shout on ch 7 every so often. I have trax for everything except Fresno canyon.

Here's one for you Vinny. Took this out of the ktm drive side last week...:doh:

DSCN0379.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back