• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY Hill Country 500: Nov 8-10, 2019

No worries, Mike, you and Mary are both going above and beyond, all for a bunch of dirty bikers :) Who knew there was this much demand for an ADV rally in the hill country? ROT needs to watch it's back, before you know it there will be a vendor's area and wet tshirt contests :)

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

One big difference between HC500 and ROT is the ratio of men to women. No way I need to see a bunch of old guys in a wet tshirt contest :( That would be a sight I could never un-see!!!

There's a hot shower and a box of tshirts, we may need to put that to the test :)

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

This looks like a GREAT event. Alas, I'm off to a 35th High School Reunion...might be as much fun?? Have fun, ride safe, and post pics! Never met Mike and Mary but thank you for your generosity.

DMan no need to try and load wood on your bike, we are going to be fine. I always worry about the little things. Sorry for the confusion about my post, anybody that has registered with Richard is 100% fine. Just trying to set a cap on this, we never expected it to grow this large in the last few days, kind of freaked us out. Hope everyone can understand.
Hey Mike, I am riding in from East Texas tomorrow. I am going to leave at the butt crack of dawn to get there early. I've got two strong hands and I'm not afraid of work. Will be there before noon and would be glad to help you out the rest of the day with anything needed. I'll look for you when I arrive to see what you need. Thaniks for all you are doing, WAY FAR above and beyond!

DMan no need to try and load wood on your bike, we are going to be fine. I always worry about the little things. Sorry for the confusion about my post, anybody that has registered with Richard is 100% fine. Just trying to set a cap on this, we never expected it to grow this large in the last few days, kind of freaked us out. Hope everyone can understand.
Mike and Mary,
Thanks for doing this again. I will be in late on Friday so may miss the Friday activities but will be there Saturday morning for sure. I think I was one of the first to sign up and I thought the turn out was going to be low. WOW who would have ever guessed 100+. If there is anything I can do to help once I get there please let me know.

Mary and I are out here getting things ready. Been on and off rain most of the day. Cold front came in and is 50 degrees now.

Found a guy out here with plenty of wood I am going to get a cord in the morning so we can burn away with hot toasty fires.

The new shower heater works great. It can make endless really hot water till it runs out of propane. Not sure who all are going to shower when’s it’s only 40 degrees outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is cold out here. Going to serve dinner inside the barn where it is warmer.

Rain till noon tomorrow:(

All packed and ready to go tomorrow. Then a crisis hits for a good friend. I won't be able to come. Sucks!
I hope you guys and ladies stay safe, keep the rubber down and have a great time. See you next time around.

I'm out Ya'll. Under the weather. Next Time!

Looking forward to it. Hope I can get my GPS tracks working. JT, I might need your help.

Put some new shoes on the KTM today. Ready to go! Looks like it will be a rainy ride from Houston in the morning.

I'm hauling in the WR. Will be there in the afternoon sometime.

Getting loaded up and heading to the field of dreams. If you build it, they will come.
7859b1c9f9d0bb8ed568503429cf2359.jpg

Sorry all, I made it as far as Mexia this morning and had a breakdown. I won't be making this one. Hope it is a great ride for the rest of you.

I'm not 100% comfortable with using .gpx files in my phone. The maps Richard sent have been loaded to both my phones (1 iPhone and 1 Android), and I have added several .gpx viewers and nav apps to both phones. It would be awesome if one of the experts there tonight could run a 'gpx navigation for dum basses' class for us. Drinks are on me..

I was just coming for tonight but have some issues with vehicles and time.
This will be the first one I miss. Have fun, be safe.
Thanks Mike for all your efforts.

Back