• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Would you fix it?

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan

On KTMTALK, debating repair or replace. I'd replace it, not worth the risk. Got hit by another bike is story, don't see how it did this??

I'd leave it.... stash my trail skittles in there, cover with duct tape.

trail snack storage for the win.

:thumb:

lol! Just don't hit any doubles, you'll be fine!

View attachment 255438

On KTMTALK, debating repair or replace. I'd replace it, not worth the risk. Got hit by another bike is story, don't see how it did this??

If left, I would grind & smooth out the edges and put a larger radius on the lower right hand side to remove potential stress risers that could lead to crack propagation.

Maybe the footpeg or footpeg mount on the other bike that hit it? I'd be looking on Ebay for a replacement.

Maybe the footpeg or footpeg mount on the other bike that hit it? I'd be looking on Ebay for a replacement.
Quite possible, still seems it would take a heck of a hit. Personally I would replace and last I read on the original post owner decided to find a replacement.

So that’s how they get them so light. That’s a puncture like a beer can. $10k Disposable? Not knocking them- but wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that’s how they get them so light. That’s a puncture like a beer can. $10k Disposable? Not knocking them- but wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kinda scary actually

When dungey and Stewart collided during james revival a few years back post suspension, he badly bent dungey swing arm.

Just takes the right hit I guess

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When dungey and Stewart collided during james revival a few years back post suspension, he badly bent dungey swing arm.

Just takes the right hit I guess

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Didn't know that, wow.

Back