• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cool Tools

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
did a quick search and couldn't find any threads to geek out on about tools so...

such as:

61fCfvKmtBL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
1578323158-stihl-gta-26-1578323133.jpg

Love my M12 tools. Found some after market 6Ah batteries for cheep that works great with them.

I don't have any battery tools. I'm interested in TWTEXer's opinions of the Ryobi brand battery tools. I was thinking of starting with a "Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ 6 Gal. Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum (Bare-Tool) with Hose, Crevice Tool, Floor Nozzle and Extension Wand". It sells now on Amazon for $112.95. An 18-volt 9 amp-hr battery sells for $102.99, nearly as much as the vacuum itself. Is a smaller amp-hr battery good for this application?

I'll take a look at my tools and see if there is anything cool and if so, I'll learn how to post photo attachments and post them up.

I need to consolidate into one brand/battery. I have dewalt, porter cable, and hitachi tools. Too many batteries and chargers to mess with. The Milwaulkee stuff does look nice.

I don't have any battery tools. I'm interested in TWTEXer's opinions of the Ryobi brand battery tools. I was thinking of starting with a "Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ 6 Gal. Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum (Bare-Tool) with Hose, Crevice Tool, Floor Nozzle and Extension Wand". It sells now on Amazon for $112.95. An 18-volt 9 amp-hr battery sells for $102.99, nearly as much as the vacuum itself. Is a smaller amp-hr battery good for this application?

I'll take a look at my tools and see if there is anything cool and if so, I'll learn how to post photo attachments and post them up.

MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum 10Kpa... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QY81KQW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Have a look at this one. I bought it and it’s been really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to consolidate into one brand/battery. I have dewalt, porter cable, and hitachi tools. Too many batteries and chargers to mess with. The Milwaulkee stuff does look nice.
Aside from a 1980's Makita (purchased at Whole Earth Tools) I haven't had any cordless tools until recently when I decided to throw in with Walmart's HART line of 20V machines. I'm just a hobbyist so I felt I didn't need to spend Milwaukee / Bosch / Dewalt kind of money on things. They come with a 3-year warranty and they are made under the same umbrella company as Milwaukee and other large tool producers, so I'm hoping for the best.

I bought into the Ryobi One+ system probably close to 15 years ago back when we were all still cussin' at NiCads. I've accumulated about 10 different tools. 3 saws, VSR drill, drill/driver, hedge trimmer, fan, handheld vac, light, maybe something else.
The new Lithium batteries are so much better and are completely compatible with all the older tools. That said, I don't think 18V will power a 6gal shop vac very well. The hand held vac and it doesn't generate impressive suction (few handhelds ever do). It will do small jobs okay and a quick touch-up of the floorboards in the cars, but I will drag out the full-size vac for any bigger job.

A lot of my students think I’m a tool. But I know at least a few think I’m pretty cool. So I guess that makes me a cool tool. Harbor Freight level of quality too since I almost always seem to be broke

around the house I have DeWalt chain saw, weed eater and a couple drill drivers I handed down from work when I upgraded there to bigger stuff, Ryobi drill, jet blower mini skill saw.

at work I have mostly DeWalt, 4" angle grinder, the big brushless 1/2" impact (bolt snapping beast), 3/8 brushless impact, 1/4 brushless bit driver, the big 1/2" brushless hammer drill, 8 volt gyro electric screw driver in regular and the rare switchable version. and I acquired a harbor freight earthquake xt ratchet that has proven to be quite good, have yet to break it.

I have some Ryobi battery powered tools. A push mower, chain saw, and weed eater. I also have some old blue cased 18 volt I think Ryobi that I have not used in a long time. I also have some older Craftsman drills that I received as a pay it forward deal. They all work well and I am interested in other Ryobi equipment down the road.

There are refurbished vacs for under $53.00 on-line from Autount.com. Check before you buy. Never ordered from them, but just a heads up.

I've got a shop full of Ryobi. All my old blue batteries are dead but the new Li-ion batteries seem to last well. Home Depot usually has a twofer deal a few times a year for the 4amp hr batteries.

If I was making a living with them I'd be 100% Milwaukee cordless.

For light General home use the ryobi stuff is good and they have tons of stuff that all use the same battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love my battery power mower. Quiet, light, and came with two batteries. When the first one runs out you go inside put it on the charger have some iced tea, then put second one in and continue.

I like the design of that, as with most Ryobi tools. Not sure I would have the need for a cordless shop vac , something like this is usually in places with 120vac.
I think Ryobi in general has made better and better quality stuff. And usually at an excellent price. Obviously not Milwaukee and Bosch league stuff but good for what you pay for.
greens-ryobi-wet-dry-vacuums-p770-64_1000.jpg

MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum 10Kpa... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QY81KQW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Have a look at this one. I bought it and it’s been really good.

I need an easy solution for sucking up the dirt on my tile floors. Thanks for your recommendation. Hand Vacuums are usually hit and miss. This looks like the Dyson I guess the patents ran out on its design.
This thread is giving me bad ideas about spending money... Dangerous

And speaking of hand vacs, this looks like the old designed dustbuster that they did away with. I don't know why they did it but their replacements were crap and too expensive. Again I bet this is another patent expiration thing and China is building them now.

Bought my first Milwaukee drill in 1974 , A 1/2 hole hog , it’s still going strong , two old black and decker , a 3/4 drill press and a pipe liner grinder still working as they should , dewalt stuff all crapped out I tried a Bosch sawsall , bad trigger failed under warranty and had it replaced . the fourth time I tried to use it it was out again so I ran over it with a bull dozer , that pretty much covers what I thing of Bosch . It didn’t even get enough use to get dirty . Pretty much every plastic jap power tool I’ve tried has been junk , none that I bought but shop tools . The Ryobi power washer I bought last fall worked 4 times just fine nothing last time I tried it nothing , I haven’t trashed it yet , I’ll bust open the plastic and see if the switch crapped out first . It was a cheap piece of crap but no more than a wash stuff it’s fine . All of my work tools are Milwaukee red and all have cords and none have failed other than a big grinder that got the handle broken from falling off the job , still works but it’s hard to hold and use in two pieces . I go thru small grinders regularly but for 14 bucks they are a disposable tool , I like having a clean new one and there’s probly 3 on the shelf when I need another one .

I love my battery power mower. Quiet, light, and came with two batteries. When the first one runs out you go inside put it on the charger have some iced tea, then put second one in and continue.

Drew, I found a better way. My wife mows the yard with a Gravely ZT54. Saves me a lot of time, and she gets the yard mowed to her spec. I think she really likes to do it. I get to fix the mower as required. Win-Win. I just used another cool tool, I have a Bosch hammer drill that uses the posi-lock bits. Love the thing. I drilled the 10 3/4" holes that keep my lift in place with the thing. I love it, works well and you can use it to break up concrete as well.

I just got done drilling over 80 3/8" holes in my pool deck to mount a new perimeter fence using that hammer drill that I borrowed from a buddy. Sure beats the crap of my 1/2" Dewalt hammer drill. The Bosch drills concrete like butter.

I need the mini chainsaw. Starting a go fund me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I need an easy solution for sucking up the dirt on my tile floors. Thanks for your recommendation. Hand Vacuums are usually hit and miss. This looks like the Dyson I guess the patents ran out on its design.
This thread is giving me bad ideas about spending money... Dangerous

I use mine in tile/wood floors. 2100 sq ft house it does the whole place as long as you don’t dawdle around. If you do you may have to take a charging break. It’s really easy to clean up after use too.

Back