• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'll be right behind you. I've been looking at land in Comel, Blanco, and Comal Counties. Sadly, I won't make it out there before Tesla's Gigafactory comes online and drives property values up further.

After vacationing down there for the last 15 years or so, we're kicking around making a move that way if I can work out the job logistics.

Curious for those that live in or around the area, what are the pros and cons of living down there?
1. People
2. Too peoplely
3. Tourist people
4. Also lots of people

Last I read, you were thinking of moving to Colorado. :shrug: . Good part of New Braunfels is your closer to the coast and hill country. Bad part is, a long way from Arkansas. Traffic and people overload I’m sure you deal with in your town now.

Think carefully about which side of IH35 you make your home. Getting to the other side can take quite some time depending ontime of day.

[emoji16]
4579.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Waell as a resident here for the last 20 years here is my take. Great town in the middle of the never ending growth of Central Texas. So still a small town atmosphere but some of the growing pains of a town growing faster that infrastructure can keep up with

Yep, tourists can be a pain until you figure out where they are and go where they are not, we have the same water issues of not having enough as everyone along the Edwards Aquifer never an issue for in home water needs but lawns suffer if you dont plan for the dry times

Good food, great local music easy access to great riding both street and offroad

Pros: closer to me and the Hill Country.

Cons: Far away from Arkansas, closer to Big Bend?

Ditto what bud said.
Lot of good riding close sisters hill country.
But the traffic and the tourists really suck.

Yeah, its a haul to Arkansas for sure.

But close to the Ocho!

I wouldn't move before you spend that week in Arkansas with Pacman's group next month. The hill country is nice, NW Arkansas / S. Missouri is awesome.

Other places I'd consider in TX if I could work full remote and didn't have family obligations in Dallas.
  1. Outside of Texarkana. TX taxes, almost AR and SE OK just a hop, skip away.
  2. Least dense areas of Hill country.
  3. Davis Mtns

You need to stay away from Interstate highways and tourist traps, to live a peaceful life.

As it is, here in Leander (NW of Austin) is decent, but the evening traffic is still something to work around.

If you don't NEED to be near the metro area, (to work for Tesla) try Hutto or Pflugerville, AWAY from I-35

I wouldn't move before you spend that week in Arkansas with Pacman's group next month. The hill country is nice, NW Arkansas / S. Missouri is awesome.
I couldn't talk her into that area.

But if we can go, we won't leave before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder when your local dealer will show up and post a bunch of cons đź‘€

Back