• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 Crf 450x

Jbay

Reaction score
someone talk me into this or out of this, or someone else get this deal

link

not really a trail bike, likes to go fast? maybe ill wait for a plated FI dual sport

James..........slowly back away from it...........it won't bite if you move slow

Turn away when you get fifteen feet separation................ head to the nearest dealer selling ORANGE & BLACK bikes.

There does that help? :rofl:

It does like to go fast. Not quite as fast as its 450R brother, but the wide ratio transmission of the X makes it more trail friendly.

If dual sport is your objective then this may not be the best platform. I decided against DSing my R in part due to the tiny oil capacity and short service interval. This series of engines was designed as a no compromise racing engine. It holds a whopping 2/3 of a quart of oil.

I like my CRF for what it is. A go fast, no compromise machine.

What are you looking for in a dirt bike?

I got to ride one briefly yesterday, that throttle commands respect, especially from a novice like me. Probably way more bike than I could ever use, but still, I want one, one day!

I ride one!! no problems with it at all! It is quick, but not unmanagable. Ktms handle great, but require more maintenence. Parts are also a little more money and not as easily found. I professionally work on Hondas and KTMs and like both on the trail, but just prefer the Honda. PM me and maybe you can hook up with us at cherokee and ride mone for a bit to see if you like it!! We go about every other weekend lately, I will post next ride!!

Ktms handle great, but require more maintenence. Parts are also a little more money and not as easily found

I have not problems getting parts at all? As a matter of fact ever part I've ever needed for my KTM was instock at the dealer. I have to order stuff at every other dealer (honda and Suzuki). Wear items are roughly the same cost for both bikes. Happen to like my KTM. I did like the CRF250X that I road, but so far the KTM has been great.

No Honda dealer that I have even gone to, has had anything I needed in stock.

I ride an '05. Good bike. But it is a no BS off road/desert race bike that likes winning in Baja. I had to do a few things to tame the throttle and get it to want to bite in turns for pure woods riding. Now I like it even more. Plenty of resources for parts. CRFs Only, ThumperTalk, Bike Bandit... I only go to the dealer for consumables like oil filters. Truthfully, I haven't needed parts in the year I've had it. Only accessories like bark busters, skid plates, computer, etc. And I have new sprockets and a chain on it's way. Sand is murder on those.

I DS'd mine as well for when I get the urge. I'll have the Baja Designs kit on it for a full week while I'm in AZ and NM in a couple weeks. My last ride was full dirt but it was about 6.5 hours of saddle time so it's not like it's that uncomfy. You'll never do a full day on it comfortably like a true DS bike but the seat ain't a brick like on the KTM 2 smokes.

The difference between the '05 and '07 is the tranny gears are upgraded for strength, better ignition mapping for each gear rather than one map for all gears and the FCR carb is more responsive and more tuneable. Can't forget BNG either. Other than that, they're the same.

$5500 seems fair as long as it's out the door. The '09s will be unveiled soon.

PM me and maybe you can hook up with us at cherokee and ride mone for a bit to see if you like it!! We go about every other weekend lately, I will post next ride!!
Have we met? I don't recognize you by screen name. It would have been at Cherokee if we did.

notsure if we have met!! I have ridden with txsandman,phm14,oh heck lots of guys frome here!! I am a member at cherokee and ride there frequently. It's close to my house!! Not sure if I will go this weekend or not, but I will let you know if I do!!

As a quick and easy comparison of cost for repair parts or commonly worn parts take a look at fork seals. Honda is less than 20.00 for the dust and oil seals as a set. Ktm on average are about 20.00 per dust seal and 20.00 per oil seal!! both fork legs can cost almost 100.00 per set. These are approximate dealer, not internet prices. Both are great bikes, I am just partial to Honda. I work on Ktms daily as well as Hondas. I just like the honda service intervals and durability better. I have also seen far fewer problems right out of the crate with Hondas. Just ride and have fun!! I ll go ride anywhere I can and not worry about what I'm on. Find a bike that YOU like and ride the wheels off of it!! Anyone wanna ride post up here or PM me!!

Re: 2007 WR 450F

ohh no, $2000 off MSRP for a WR450F

http://www.woodscyclecountry.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=38328&pov=937292

only weighs 11 lbs more than the WR 250F, not a true dual sport but could plate it, good trail bike?

too bad I have to pay stuff off first, im a little big for the CRF230F, but the wife rides it (some) and says its hers

I need to save and shop for a used something or other, no more financing deals for me :giveup:

Attachments

• small2.JPG
    small2.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 161
Re: 2007 WR 450F

ohh no, $2000 off MSRP for a WR450F

http://www.woodscyclecountry.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=38328&pov=937292

only weighs 11 lbs more than the WR 250F, not a true dual sport but could plate it, good trail bike?

For the trail it's awesome, but for any distance of pavement over 40 miles it's a pain in the rear. It does hold more oil than the Honda's and the service intervals are a little bit more relaxed, but it's still a race derived motorcycle. But it won't bite you unless you want it to. It is very, very smooth and tame as long as you are smooth with the throttle.

Wow, the dirt bike market must really be in the toilet nowadays!

I'm w/ Hemibee, and after getting my first KTM after many Japanese bike, I now have 3 of them. Parts cost hasn't been an issue, b/c they so rarely need any other than oil filters for the 4 strokes. I did just have the fork seals replaced on the 300 (first time they've blown on any of my KTM's), and the fork seal kit was $29.95. I've also spent a lot less on mods since they come so well set up for woods riding.

I've found my KTM dirt bikes to be really easy to maintain. The 4 strokes are more work to change oil on than a CRF, but your intervals can be a good bit longer. Valve adjustments are super easy, so shims or feeler guages needed. The 300 is prob. the easiest to maintain bike I've ever owned! Seems like bolt sizes are more consistent, and they're easier to wrench on (i.e. seat comes off w/ one bolt). Don't forget, no linkage to lube (though I'd agree this is prob. a disadvantage for MX, but I'm pretty much retired from that). Both have been super reliable, and the 300 is prob. the best bike I've ever ridden off-road.

I have to admit that those CRFX and WR deals are pretty attractive - I'd prob. go w/ the Yamaha if I was in the market for a new 450.

Can't really go wrong with any of these bikes.

Just buy the thing and lets go riding..

IMO.. I just look for the best deal and go for it..

I ride a 230F, good enough for now

(my wife wont let me trade her bike :doh: )

actually I like the 230F, im going to ride it into the dirt, so to speak

Back