• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Uncle's Around the Bend rally: Mar 1-4, 2012, Terlingua, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forecast for Terlingua, Thursday, March 1st:

High: 80
Low: 50

If it sticks to near this, perfection.

Hit it Like a Bass on a Worm BAM!

Quote as posted:

Just got off the phone with the El Dorado. They just had a single room open up, if anyone is still needing a room.

Updated to reflect current status:

Just got off the phone with the El Dorado. They just had a single room open up, if anyone is still needing a room. But you better be faster than that scoundrel Tricepilot, 'cause he's likely to snag it before anyone can react.

Re: Hit it Like a Bass on a Worm BAM!

Updated to reflect current status:
Originally Posted by Trail Boss :
Just got off the phone with the El Dorado. They just had a single room open up, if anyone is still needing a room. But you better be faster than that scoundrel Tricepilot, 'cause he's likely to snag it before anyone can react.

:lol2:

Electrified will be heading out on Wednesday also from Houston, I believe he has room for one more person. He will have an enclosed trailer for the bikes

Thanks for the info but I think that I am going to ride rather than trailer.

I am planning on leaving El Paso around noon on the 1st and was wondering if there are any other riders from the El Paso area that might want to ride together to Terlingua. I will be riding a KLR650, so I won't exactly be screaming down I-10.

Let me know if you are interested.

I'll be coming through Georgetown the morning of Tuesday (that's the 28th) and will be glad to have some company along the way to BB. Be glad to make a slight route deviation if need be. Have room for another bike in the trailer. Let me know if this fits your schedule.

Looking for a ride and to share expenses,anyone leaving Wed 29 Feb from Houston that would have room for 1 bike and me and return on Sun ?

Counting down started and have not made up my mind if I'm riding or trailering...:ponder:

a personal coyote which will howl in the night and mark your position.

IMG_20120221_220445.jpg

Actually, the 2011 personal coyote made ME howl into the night, when properly used. The location-fixing feature was apparently not included last year, tho, either that or mine was broken.

Hey Richard, I'm gonna need a couple of Stickers. :rider:
What day are you going to get there?

Don,

I'll be there late Wed night. Riding in the national park on Thursday with Bob. Catch me at breakfast at the Chilli Pepper on Thur morning or that evening at the High Sierra. Or you can get them from Connie when you see her.

Hi. I registered. Anyone else riding lowly 200-ish cc bikes out there want to unite. I'm bring my plated XR200.

Does anyone know the condition of Casa Piedra Road, Hwy 169, RR169 to where it hits US 67 south of Marfa? I'm thinking about doing this followed by FM2810 SW out of Marfa, then Pinto Canyon Road back down FM170 west of Presidio. I'm comfortable with the Pinto Canyon rd, but don't know anything about 169.
I'll be on a WR250R and the guy I'm with will be on a DL1000.
Just wondering what to expect.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back