• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2022 Triumph tiger 1200

Reaction score
This bike is all over the web.

Here are a few websites:

2022-Triumph-Tiger-1200-teaser-02.jpg

Wow! That is such a cool video! I think this new Tiger 1200 deserve its own thread if there isn't one. I am looking closely at Triumph. If they replicate what they did with the 900 and offer a GT with a 19" wheel and a Rally (seen in the video), I would definitely consider the GT.
A Tiger 1200 GT Pro would be an interesting bike indeed.

At the same time, I hate to see the old Tiger engines go. My 2019 Tiger 1200 engine was a thing of beauty. I would much rather have that motor for the street in 1200 form than I would the motor from my Rally Pro in 1200 form. If they did the T-Plane stuff for the Rally models and stuck with the old smoothness in the GT models, that would be perfect, but I serious doubt that will happen. They seem to be all aboard the T-Plane train.

Another teaser video... The bike looks lean. I wonder what it weighs.

The Tiger 900 Rally Pro with an 888cc engine is ~500 lbs. So probably a bit more than that.

Still a big, heavy ADV bike. But probably not as portly as the outgoing Tiger 1200.

From Triumph:

Tip from previous Tiger owner, better get that bigger gas tank model if you want to maximize distance between fill ups.

Those triples are thirsty.

Which one? The base version is $19,100.
Honestly 19 doesn't help either!

TIGER 1200 RALLY PRO​

In the dirt or on the tarmac, the Rally Pro combines capability, comfort, and performance for the ultimate all-road adventure.

Price From $22,500.00

TIGER 1200 RALLY EXPLORER​

Sophistication with strength. Setting a new standard, the new 7.9 gallon tank Rally Explorer is built for the big adventure.

Price From $24,200.00

Sophistication with strength. Setting a new standard, the new 7.9 gallon tank Rally Explorer is built for the big adventure.

Price From $24,200.00
They are pricey, but if you add up part for part, they come out priced decently compared to other equally equipped, similarly sized models.

Kind of the opposite of BMW. Instead of giving nothing on the base bike and charging you to add it all on, Triumph gives you everything up front at the list price.

I personally prefer that way, plus when you go to sell, you don't lose value on your add ons, since they are stock parts.

For the below average guy, me, that's ridiculous for either.

Honestly 19 doesn't help either!

TIGER 1200 RALLY PRO​

In the dirt or on the tarmac, the Rally Pro combines capability, comfort, and performance for the ultimate all-road adventure.

Price From $22,500.00

Price From $24,200.00

For the below average guy, me, that's ridiculous for either.
How much is an R1250GS though? I think the Triumph is competitive.

You're missing the point! Not saying they're out of line, saying I'm not in the game for either brand at that price. As @William Wolfen would probably verify, his
African Twin can do everything these do at half the price.

And BTW, I'm sure both brands are worth it to their intended customers.

I'm not much help in this discussion. I'm a sport-touring guy. But, I will say "I ain't never paying $20,000 for a bike"! No offense intended to anyone.

You're missing the point! Not saying they're out of line, saying I'm not in the game for either brand at that price. As @William Wolfen would probably verify, his
African Twin can do everything these do at half the price.

Yeah. I can mostly confirm that, with a couple caveats. The Africa Twin is down on power compared to either of those. Personally I think 94hp (CRF1000) or 100hp (CRF1100) is more than enough. The other is that the adventure sports model with the larger tank still doesn't hold as much gas as the big tank versions of these bikes. Standard model tank sizes are comparable.

The Africa Twin also has more suspension travel and a 21" front wheel, both of which are great if you get into anything rougher or looser than a graded gravel road. On the other hand, the Africa Twin's suspension needs a makeover when you get it. I'm not sure who chose the sitting rates, but they were a moron. It's just undersprung, though the damping is good. Budget $1000 for fork springs and a shock respring and revalve and it works great and still has you coming in $6000 under the Triumph.

Back