• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY 2024 Hill Country 500

Vote your preference

• Best Western $99 (single or double) +tax, hot buffet breakfast

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • America’s Best Value $69.99 (single or double ) breakfast: waffles, coffee

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Econolodge $50 single $54 double. Coffee, cold breakfast items

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • None of the above. I’ll make my own arrangements. (Camping or a different hotel)

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good morning. Is there still time and room to enter?

Yes of course. There’s no registration or fee. Just make your own arrangements for accommodations and come on out.

Call the Best Western at their local phone number, identify as being with the Hill Country 500 to get a reduced rate.

Or, if camping, call the North Llano River RV Park, we have a group rate there as well.

We’ll be happy to see ya!

Hi, I just learned about this trip yesterday from guys on the Fayetteville loop. I’m booked at the Best Western in Junction. Looking forward to meeting everyone and riding with ya’ll.

I am interested in this and may have run it a few years back (Johnson City, etc). My experience off road is beginner-intermediate (dropped it on the last water crossing; was supposed to be 80/20 paved/dirt and wound up being the opposite..). Would be coming from Houston/Westchase area so if anyone coming out of houston would like to meet up for the run to Junction please let me know and thanks.
I’m coming from Santa Fe, TX. If you’re heading to Junction on Friday morning I’ll meet up with you. We can meet at Buc-ees in Katy. Let me know what time.

As this is my first time in hill Country I am curious if and when they will be getting GPX files out or is it a find your own way type event?

They will post the files/tracks here soon from what I understand. I'll likely be trailering my bike up from Bay City, that means I'll be jumping on 71 at Columbus and cutting up along 290 through Austin. For any of you that are traveling from Houston through there along the same route feel free to reach out if you have any issues or should you need a lift, I'll have room on my trailer and tools on board should anyone need assistance.

As this is my first time in hill Country I am curious if and when they will be getting GPX files out or is it a find your own way type event?
It's a "Roll-ur-Own" kinda event. You're (or anyone else) to ride with me on Saturday. I'll be doing a 350 mile loop that includes Rock Springs, Juno, Pandale, Ozona back to Junction. It's gonna be 70/30 pavement/dirt. I like the Devil's River area section. Very pretty, very remote

I'll start early by offering a to start a ride group right off the bat.
I have riding duel sport for over 20yrs and my days of wheelie and riding like a monkey is long past. I normally just ride with any group as a sweeper bringing up the rear. But this year I want to enjoy a the ride and explore the routes a little more than zoom down the dirt at 60-70 with that said look for "MajDad" on my number plate. If your new to off- road this is the group for you. I'll be camping at the RV park if interested.
See ya there.

Awesome of you to offer to lead a group. This is the spirit of a "Serve Yo Self" rally. THANKS!

I’m coming from Santa Fe, TX. If you’re heading to Junction on Friday morning I’ll meet up with you. We can meet at Buc-ees in Katy. Let me know what time.
I'm just getting into adventure riding and first time heard about this trip, I would like to ride it, if I'm able to make maybe I could join you guys at Buc-ee's Katy, I live 10 minutes away. I'll be following the thread.

Just catching up on this, Sylvie and I would love to attend, will find a hotel shortly. Any news on the availability of GPX files? We can always make our own routes, but it’s great to have a GPX file (or two!!) to start from.. looking forward to seeing everyone

Just catching up on this, Sylvie and I would love to attend, will find a hotel shortly. Any news on the availability of GPX files? We can always make our own routes, but it’s great to have a GPX file (or two!!) to start from.. looking forward to seeing everyone

With 8 votes, the honor of hosting us goes to Best Western.

If you plan to stay at BW, CALL them so you can save a little with the group rate. Tell them you are with “Hill Country 500” to get that group rate.

CALL THEIR LOCAL NUMBER 325-446-3700

Remember, same $99 rate whether a single or double.

People are free to stay wherever they like. Looks like we will have a large group camping.

CAMPERS:

North Llano River RV Park is offering us 15% off their usual rates. They will group us in the same area.

Standard RV site usual rate is $55/night. Premium site (big rig) usual rate is $70

They also have tent sites down by the river.

Wanna make it a family weekend? The RV park can arrange family activities like a tie dye class or outings. Talk to Russ the manager. There is an apartment for rent in the A frame bldng. 1 queen and 2 twin beds, bathroom and kitchen. $130/night.

Also there is a rally room available for free IF we book at least 8 sites. Might be useful for holding a meet n greet, sharing gps files, finding riding buddies, etc. has a kitchen too.

To get the discounted rate, CALL the park and identify as being with the “Hill Country 500”.

North Llano River RV Park

325-999-1193

Y'all be patient a little longer, JT will post up some gpx soon, I promise. I just gotta crack the whip over his head a couple of times 😉

Not much time left to get things done. Looking forward to this ride again. Unless it rains a whole lot more, there will probably be no need for water inspections.

:lol2:

I still haven't booked a room or camp space, waiting until I get back from Arkansas before I make that decision, but either way I'll be there on the big bike ready to ride for Saturday/Sunday.

Whelp. I've been scheduled for a shift for Memorial weekend now. :tears: I'll have Monday off if anyone is looking to linger around and cruise, though!

Back