• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2024 Texas Tiddlers Endurance Run - May 25th

We have been to a few of these, always good times. I'd like to make this one but we are already planning to head to Arkansas for Rally at the Rock a few weeks prior and that's just too much travel that far away back to back. I am also kicking around the Hill Country 500 in Junction that same weekend and that would likely take favor if I had to choose. Y'all have fun this time and post some pics.

... I am unfamiliar with the campground!
I have a small trailer I would bring if I can attend. No problem for me to get a spot with a Friday arrival?

You should be good....

I concur. I've yet to see someone not a place to set up small trailer.

Sorry we won't see you this year tex68w ... enjoy visiting and riding with y'all.

It has been confirmed the Spring 2024 Run will be a "single stage" endurance ride of ±200 miles :pirate: all on state/county/parish paved public roads incorporating a few historic sites in both Texas and Louisiana, beginning and ending at Boles Field. However, unlike the last few years, the route will not return to Boles Field for a lunch break :eat: so the scheduling will permit time to grab a lunch/snack along the way.** The all paved route is certainly a better ride for Cushmans, scooters and other road oriented motorcycles. :rider:

The 2024 Registration (.pdf) is attached to this post and also to the 1st post above for easy printing.
Remember, Dennis (the organizer) is an old school East Texas fellow, so there are no on-line registration/payment options -- it's a print and mail in -- if you can't print the Registration, just write the pertinent information of a sheet of paper. Also, Dennis will likely hold all the registrations until ±May 1st before "cashing" the checks.

** I'll sure miss my customary lunchtime power nap in the shade back at camp. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2024 Tiddler Endurance Run Registration.pdf
    80 KB · Views: 44
** I'll sure miss my customary lunchtime power nap in the shade back at camp. :rolleyes:
LOL, it might be a bit warm by then, but we might still be able to find you a shade tree nearby the lunch stop. Do you know if he still plans to do the last minute route instructions, or is there already a planned lunch stop along the way?

.,, Do you know if he still plans to do the last minute route instructions, or is there already a planned lunch stop along the way?
As far as I know, Dennis will continue the tradition of last minute route instructions (apparently he prefers to add this factor to the challenge of the Tiddler Run), and lunch will be "on your own" along the way -- there should be several options.

Entries sent. Sure hope those "forever" stamps are forever.

Haven't you heard?

Attachments

• Old School is Cool.png
    Old School is Cool.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
Tye die shirts & parachute pants aside, spent most of the day clicking on the check book trying to get it to send... Had to get up with some of the OLD folks here at the retirement center for help... But got er done... C-ya there...

With lunch on the Run, maybe this is the year the Tiddlers finally catch up to with the Blue Bell truck :sun:

That wasn't you in one of those Elvis costumes, was it?

Blue Bell used to have such wholesome commercials. I don't see much in the way of adverts for them these days.

Well, looks like no Blue Bell for us after all. Grandson's graduation date just announced, and wouldn't you know, it's that Saturday, so it takes priority. Hope y'all have a blast, and someone takes a lot of pics. We'll catch you on the next one!

Well, looks like no Blue Bell for us after all. Grandson's graduation date just announced, and wouldn't you know, it's that Saturday, so it takes priority. Hope y'all have a blast, and someone takes a lot of pics. We'll catch you on the next one!
Family first!

Family first!
Yep, there are a few things more important than motorcycling. Not many, but a few. :pirate:

Photo of a future Tiddler from back in 2017 standing next to his Dad's "experimental class" chopper.
I don't recall his name -- hopefully we'll see him again this year:
20170520_183834.jpg

Back