• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Amazon strikes again

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
IMD_8288-L.jpg

New version from Canon. So far I've only shot 5 pictures, but the 1.8 really gives you a short depth of field. Kind of fun. Strange that this is my first prime lens for a dslr when that is all I shot way back when I shot film.

Love my 1.8 II. Takes awesome portraits and while a heavy set-up, turns my full frame senson into a 35MM and just seems to work me for my taste. You will love it I'm sure.

I still occasionally use an old 1.8 Nikkor lens left over from my film camera days. Yeah, when you'e gotten used to zooms that start around F4.5, it's quite startling to get a reminder of what "shallow" depth of field means.

That's when you go and get a 2.8 24mm-70mm and a 2.8 70mm-200mm to cover some range with a similar style. :eek2:

Back