• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another casualty?

Reaction score
I had forgotten to list this in my list of "broken stuff" from my fall:

phonecasualty.jpg

Oh, and a pair of Levi's that are now officially "lawn work jeans"...

-Michael

P.S.
The phone still works.... I used it to call for a ride/help. Just the outside screen is broken. I've dropped this thing on pavement probably 10 times over 2 years. They make good stuff!

Well if you had been wearing proper riding gear, you phone would have survived. :shock:

J/K

As a veteran rider, all I can tell you is gravity is a harsh taskmaster. Learn from your error and move on. :twisted: You'll be OK.

Maybe we should get Joe Rocket, Aerostitch, Icon to start making CE-approved armor for phones!

Mr Ed said:
You weren't talking on the phone were you?
I have seen a few cruisers as in cup holders, cd players and everything else talking on a cell with a hands off rig. I guess it is no worse than me listening to music while riding :shock:....try not to do it much. :-(

When I ride alone which is most of the time, I keep my cell in my front pocket of my riding pants which is zippered. Seems somewhat protected being on front of hip.

I have kept it in a tank bag at times but figured in a get off while alone I might become seperated from the bike and unable to reach the cell.

Of course, I was just teasing Grendal ;-) I listen to music on the Gold Wing when I'm just burning up miles down the freeway, but I usually turn it off when I'm enjoying a fun, crooked road. A log of 'Wing riders have hands-free cell phones, but it's not for me. Carrying on a conversation while riding just seems it'd require attention that would be best used for riding safely.

I usually carry my phone in a jacket pocket for the reason you mentioned. I can't hear it ring or feel the vibration, but I'm pretty good about checking for missed calls when I stop.

Teeth said:
I have kept it in a tank bag at times but figured in a get off while alone I might become seperated from the bike and unable to reach the cell.

Never thought of it that way.

Back