• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Buckee's Chevron-Port Lavaca,Tx.

Reaction score
They make great soft tacos for breakfast,located on Hwy 35 on the west side of town.There are 3 women makin em fresh while you wait.Don't forget the Hot Sauce!Great way to start a motorcyclin day!

I had a chance to try some of their breakfast tacos and they're good & fresh. Also have sampled some from Buckee's on IH10 at Luling - they're almost as good. The bakery at the Luling Buckee's has really good cream cheese kolaches and you can always sit on the benches/chairs in front of the store and wash 'em down with a fresh cup of coffee.:eat:

Ed W.
Universal City, TX

Oh, goody, we gonna have taco runs across town, now? :mrgreen: Actually, if you're around here early on a week day, in Point Comfort, stop at "Rollin' Joe's" taco stand. Get a jumbo breakfast taco. You won't believe it. :lol2: They're good and HUGE, could fill up two people, but I manage one now and then. He makes his money off the plant traffic.

Oh, goody, we gonna have taco runs across town, now? :mrgreen: Actually, if you're around here early on a week day, in Point Comfort, stop at "Rollin' Joe's" taco stand. Get a jumbo breakfast taco. You won't believe it. :lol2: They're good and HUGE, could fill up two people, but I manage one now and then. He makes his money off the plant traffic.

Can you tell me more Rollin' Joe's? Still open? Sounds like a great spot!

Thanks

It's in point comfort across from the little village store there on 35 across the causeway from Port Lavaca. I've not been there in so long I can't say it's still open, but when I ride by there, the building looks like it's still going, though they only serve in the mornings. Just go across the causeway from Port Lavaca and look to your left when you are approaching the red light and rail road crossing. I think the building is green IIRC. Used to stop in there going to work in the mornings, but I haven't worked at the plant in 3+ years.

It's in point comfort across from the little village store there on 35 across the causeway from Port Lavaca. I've not been there in so long I can't say it's still open, but when I ride by there, the building looks like it's still going, though they only serve in the mornings. Just go across the causeway from Port Lavaca and look to your left when you are approaching the red light and rail road crossing. I think the building is green IIRC. Used to stop in there going to work in the mornings, but I haven't worked at the plant in 3+ years.

Thanks. Given the limited time they're open, I think I'll let it be for now. I'm looking for the kinda spots you'd spend a tank of gas to get to - whether it be for pie...BBQ...steak...etc. I've got a decent selection in TX...probably need some more over the the Big Bend area and perhaps a few up in the East TX vicinity...but then there's the other states. Never enough time for the pursuit of good pie :eat: :lol2:

Back