• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Charity Ride for Cancer Patients 8/9/03

Howdy,

:tab The ride was great fun! It was good to meet some new people and ride a new route. I'll be working on a ride report and to get the pictures up for your viewing pleasure. I'm in the middle of moving so it may take me a little longer than I would prefer. Sorry.

Update on donations totals

Howdy,

:tab Just an update on the fundraising side of things: $612.56 total so far, $317.39 for Sasha and $295.17 for Nolan. Thanks! The TSBA is trying to put together a legal raffle to raise even more money! We are working with Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited to get a raffle prize figured out.

Final totals I think

Howdy,

:tab To my knowledge, we are not expecting any more donations. Here are the final totals:

Grand total: $750.00
Sasha's part: $350.00
Nolan's part: $350.00

I would like to thank everyone that sent in donations and that showed up for the ride. I realize this won't pay off their debts, but it really goes a long way to letting them know that we are standing behind them with more than just words. Thanks!

Maybe that's enough to take Sasha (and Nolan) and a friend or two to a theme park for a day - every little bit helps! :-D

update

From Nolan's website:

August 24
Nolan's transport to Santa Clara was uneventful, but upon arrival he needed extra help in breathing. His temperature had spiked to 105.4. The wonderful team worked all night and he was stable until 10:00 a.m. Then the alarm went off; Nolan was no longer able to breath on his own. The hospital team helped Nolan to breathe until his dad and siblings arrived at his bedside. At approximately 12:15 this afternoon, our precious little Nolan went to be with Jesus. His passage was peaceful and free from pain or distress.
We thank you all for the many hundreds of prayers that have been lifted up on our behalf. Nolan is now healed!! He is with Jesus in heaven.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I didn't fully understand the condition Nolan had been in lately. My condolensces to his family.

Back