• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Friday at Sterling Ranch (anybody work)

Rob, we enjoyed the place a great deal, look forward to riding it more often, Nice layout easy to carry good speed.
Once I find a bike I'll be interested in truck pooling up there with somebody.

Big Country Motor Sports had this 300 for demo at Sterling Ranch yesterday, a very impressive ride for sure. My only thing is it seems physically a hair smaller than a KTM, I think that can be addressed and do miss the counter balanced engine. Definitely consider this when bike buying comes around again. It handled like a dream and the motor could be short shifted and ran a gear high like I like to do. Thanks for the ride!View attachment 230982
Rob was it the RR Race Edition or regular RR? Those are very nice bikes. Their 4 stroke Race Editions really surprised me in a nice way on the trail also. Especially the 480.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

That would be regular! You liked the 480 for trails??

He had a 430 there, should have tried it.

I saw that, 3500 and I'd think about it. My knee needs electric start. Bike runs great.

Lets ride, this is parking AFTER yesterday's rain!!

Went for 2 quick laps yesterday between jobs, thought I was retired, lol. Weird conditions, trails were in places, perfect, dusty, and yes a couple of muddles or more! Overall was a fun ride. 2 laps at 20 equals 10 bucks a lap, expensive, lol. Just all the time I had. When I left 10-12 "fast" riders were coming in, they probably splashed all the mud out, they don't ride the sides of mud holes like me, just charge through them!

Irish, get you some!

Went to Jefferson to Diamond Dons annual WORLD GREATEST EVER vintage meet. EVERYONE who has ever owned/ridden a db should attend this event if even just to spectate, and see what shows up. Went thursday and got home late last night. I anticipated the rough weather and I made the right decision, getting HAMMERED today. Praying everyone is safe. Awesome event and amazing seeing the bikes and riders from all over the nation, awesome awesome! Trials, cross country and mx. Annual event in April---DO IT!

Went to Jefferson to Diamond Dons annual WORLD GREATEST EVER vintage meet...

Heard only good things about Diamond Don's but yet to make it up there. I do know it is nowhere near the size of AMA Vintage Days every July in Ohio so maybe Texas Greatest

Heard only good things about Diamond Don's but yet to make it up there. I do know it is nowhere near the size of AMA Vintage Days every July in Ohio so maybe Texas Greatest

Hey, them thars fightin words big boy! DD's is for real bikes, not that street fluff. And that other little thing doesn't have homeade ice cream!!!

Last edited:
LOL
One could argue that vintage dirt bikes for many decades were actually street bikes. What made them dirt bikes was riding them in the dirt.
What's funny in the 60/70's we were taking street stuff off them to make dirt bikes, now we put street stuff on dirt bikes so we can ride on the street!

Back