• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from OZ

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1250 Bandit to replace a VTX 1800. Two hip replacements got me back onto a 'sports' bike. I found your site looking for Bandit forums. We dont have any Bandit forums in Australia. A great site with heaps to read.

Welcome to the site! What part of Australia? I did a tour in Melbourne a few years ago and really wanting to return for a riding vacation.
Again, welcome; I think you'll really enjoy this forum.

steve

I'm from Melbourne. Its winter here but the weather is still pretty good for riding.
We haven't had much rain because of the drought. Id recommend the Great Ocean Road near Melbourne for great scenery and plenty of 'twisties'. The Ulysses club runs plenty of rides and is a good contact - under 50s are classified as junior members- their motto is grow old disgracefully.

I spent a few months working in Melbourne back in 1999. My wife came down with the kids for a couple of weeks and they really liked it. In fact, my son liked it so much he's heading back down in July for a semester at the University of Melbourne.

Hey! Welcome to TWT..
Man I would love to come tour down under someday.
Welcome!

Looks like a biker exchange program in the making.
Austrailians are dang near Texans, talk funny and prefer wide open spaces!:lol2:
Welcome

Good onya .

The wife and I were there in 2002, had a looovely trip.
Stayed in Melb. and in Sydney for about 10 days.
I prefered Melb. seemed to be easier to navigate in because of the grid layout of the streets in the CBD.

Even had a go at hookies.... (no no no americans... hookies are right turns from the left lane in downtown Melbourne)that was an experience after 23 hours on a plane, that and the wheel of death close to downtown, all experienced following a buddy on his Busa while driving on the opposite side of the road than I am used to. :giveup:

We went down the GOR thru Apollo Bay, and on out to see the lighthouse and the 12 apostles at the national park.

I wanna come back..

I recently bought a 1250 Bandit to replace a VTX 1800. Two hip replacements got me back onto a 'sports' bike. I found your site looking for Bandit forums. We dont have any Bandit forums in Australia. A great site with heaps to read.

Welcome, Jeff. I'm a big fan of Australia. In fact, I named my band Dingo Sanctuary.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Have you waded through the entire MEGA thread yet? :shock: :lol2:

We sure would like to see any ride reports you'd like to share!! Just drop them in the Story Telling & Tire Kicking forum ;-)

Hi Rusty if your son is interested in a ride down under give me a yell.

Jeff

Thanks for the offer. He doesn't really ride much these days. He had a dirt bike that we got a license plate for and got him street legal, but he hasn't been on a bike in over a year and hasn't shown much interest. I figure I trained him well and if he decides to ride again he'll know what he's doing.

Now if I could get back down there, I'd be interested. Which is funny because I was there for over 3 months and never drove. Did lots of tours on the weekends and rode the trams. I was in the middle of the CBD and walked all over too.

Back