• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hola. New Houston member... Chinito Loco

Reaction score
Thank you for accepting me as a new member. Just survived from an amazing but intense 5 days training with the legendary Bill Dragoo (www.billdragoo.com). Made some amazing friends. Highly recommend Bill and his team of instructors. My bike never look so sexy after swimming in mud, river, sand, and gravels.

Attachments

• IMG_2609.JPG
    IMG_2609.JPG
    581.5 KB · Views: 116
A Big West Texas Welcome form our herd out here!! :welcome:

I also ride a BMW F800 GS!! Mine is the first, and most likely ONLY one with a trailer hitch!

I highly recommend you get in touch with Ian (William Wolfen) and Keith (k-dubya) on the forum for riding partners from HOU!! Great guys to ADV ride with!!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(2).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(2).jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 101
A Big West Texas Welcome form our herd out here!! :welcome:

I also ride a BMW F800 GS!! Mine is the first, and most likely ONLY one with a trailer hitch!

I highly recommend you get in touch with Ian (William Wolfen) and Keith (k-dubya) on the forum for riding partners from HOU!! Great guys to ADV ride with!
Thank you for the welcoming message. That is one cool trailer. Did you get that custom made or are they for sale somewhere? I have been in touch with Keith. Thank you for the recommendation.

The trailer is a kit made by Instatow and called a Tag A Long. I got it from Northern Tool for $617.00 including tax.

I had to rewire the entire thing, as it was wired backwards from the factory, and I didn't notice till AFTER I had it fully assembled!! You build the kit upside down.......... I added the 5 wire lighting as an afterthought, and if I had to do it again, would just do the 5 wire by itself. The Texas flag is rattle can paint, and the kit includes the cooler rack, but not the flat bumper.

It tows great, but needs a swivel hitch, as the standard hitch limits my lean angle when turning, a project for another day..........the stanchion tubes on the ends of the rear bumper are for a future kayak rack and canopy frame project that are still in the works.

The trailer hitch is a one-off custom we built in the fab shop, as I am different from most folks, just ask Keith and Ian!!

Attachments

• 20220315_160645.jpg
    20220315_160645.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220309_150911.jpg
    20220309_150911.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220426_194553.jpg
    20220426_194553.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 91
That is a great idea !!! I found the trailer on Northern Tools. Will find a machine shop or ask a welder to fabricate the hitch. How does it handle around curves and switchback?

Back