• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interested in 3-6 day road trip in TX/AR/OK.

Tons of good riding through the Ouchita Mountains and into the Ozarks. You almost don’t even need a route. Just look on a map and pick some roads that seem interesting. Highway 7 in NW AR is great riding and pretty country. If your bike has any off-road capability there are about 50 different waterfalls along the Buffalo River area. Many many maintained dirt roads through public land and just a great area to be on a motorcycle in general.

I'm going ES in the 5-8 of May, meeting two brother and a nephew. We are camping at the Dam Site Campgrounds which is about 10 miles west of ES; we do this every year. The riding in NW Arkansas is as good as it gets as far as I am concerned. I'm on the west end of Texoma maybe we can hook up for a ride one day.

Another thought on using a base:
If you stay in a hotel, such as Super 8, you can do laundry mid-trip, so you only need half the clothes.

That is a great point, other trips we have stayed at the Stonegate Lodge which is right across from the Harley dealer in ES, they are really set up for the bikers that come through the area.

Regarding tools, maintenance etc ...

If you plan on having your bike serviced, new tires, added farkles, etc - do these at least two weeks prior to your trip. Rule of touring is any service completed just prior to trip will result in oil leaks, brake failure, or random crap falling off. This is the Law of the Gremlins.

If you have AAA or any other travel / wrecker coverage through credit cards etc, leave your tools at home. Most things that will sideline you will not be fixable. Caveat is you should take a plug kit and some CO2 canisters to prevent a flat. See above Law of the Gremlins. As long as you have that you can add a multitool and a few wraps of duct tape. But modern, well maintained bikes just don't break down like they used to.

Bring some good lens cleaner and a microfiber rag to keep your visor and glasses clean. Foam earplugs will drastically reduce your daily fatigue. Keep water and a candy bar handy for quick stops. Don't eat big lunches unless you plan on a mid day nap.

Force yourself to stop and take pictures. Those of us sitting at work etc can then live vicariously through your well documented trip report.

Regarding tools, maintenance etc ...

If you plan on having your bike serviced, new tires, added farkles, etc - do these at least two weeks prior to your trip. Rule of touring is any service completed just prior to trip will result in oil leaks, brake failure, or random crap falling off. This is the Law of the Gremlins.

If you have AAA or any other travel / wrecker coverage through credit cards etc, leave your tools at home. Most things that will sideline you will not be fixable. Caveat is you should take a plug kit and some CO2 canisters to prevent a flat. See above Law of the Gremlins. As long as you have that you can add a multitool and a few wraps of duct tape. But modern, well maintained bikes just don't break down like they used to.

Bring some good lens cleaner and a microfiber rag to keep your visor and glasses clean. Foam earplugs will drastically reduce your daily fatigue. Keep water and a candy bar handy for quick stops. Don't eat big lunches unless you plan on a mid day nap.

Force yourself to stop and take pictures. Those of us sitting at work etc can then live vicariously through your well documented trip report.
Thanks, great advice.

Thats my problem, I just like riding and putting the miles on. I don't want to stop to take a pic of something, but I really should.

One of the reasons I like the Tour of Texas, the goal is the pics, so I get them, the ride is just a bonus.

north of US 70

east of OK 2

west of US 167

south of Branson

get ... https://butlermaps.com/motorcycle-road-maps/ozarks-map/

a burger pie and ice cream @ the OARK CAFE in Oark, Ar

lunch @ the OZARK CAFE in Jasper, Ar

the wooden swing bridge in Beaver, Ar

the PEEL FERRY on state 125 north of Peel, Ar

lookout tower south of Jasper, Ar on state 7

antique shops, old bank and lunch on the Plaza in Kingston, Ar

then the yellow signs warn of curves ahead PAY ATTENTION