• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jessica

Reaction score
4.jpg

Model: Jessica
Wardrobe and Makeup by Corey McLauchlan of coreyana.com

OK, I think you know where I'm going with this one, so stick with me.

Pretty much when I see an image from you I really am anticipating nice stuff. Most of the time it is awesome from a technical perspective as well as a subject content/presentation angle. For me, this one just leaves me wondering "why"? What's the story or concept you're trying to tell us? Is she getting on the swing, off the swing? Why not her facial expressions? Is she happy to be doing this or sad? None of that is known as all we see is a gal and a swing. There's even no movement to portray an actual swing.

With that out of the way, I like the technical aspects. You really are mastering lighting techniques from my perspective. I like the sunlight in the lower left (real or created?). I like the window to offset that in the upper right. I think the arms are just a tad bit too hot though...

I just think this would be a tough shot to promote and that's based simply on the angle of the shot and content presentation. Maybe swinging, 45* offset, feet in the air like a little kid, slow shutterspeed or rear sync to show movement and freeze her?

Don't hate me.... please? ;-)

As M38A1 asked, why? It is hard for me to tell what the subject of the photo is. I think your lighting is great (much better than I could do) but I also find her hand position awkward.

That said, some critics don't get it either. I head over to a photo forum and people post some nice pics and they get ripped apart from the critics. In the end, it really doesn't even matter if YOU like it as much as the client if it is a pay gig.

I like the camo shots better but I'm a sucka for a hottie with a gun. :mrgreen:

After pondering on it for awhile. I see a beautiful , just right lighting pic, of a young lady in a Party Dress. Perhaps back from the party and needing alone time to ponder on happenings at the party or winding down in her own little private space. Just standing with her old swing, no movement, just a go to in times of solo deep thought. Like a kid with a blanket.
Thanks for sharing! I generally can see a story where others get too tech due to my many hours alone in my travels about the US. ;-) Keeps my childhood imagination in good shape.

Back