• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Montgomery/Conroe area Bike Nights - Thursdays 7:00pm

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab The regular Thursday night bike nights start at 7:00pm and last generally until 8:30-9:00pm. The location changes from week to week, sometimes in Montgomery, Conroe, or anywhere in between. Check the end of the thread for information about the location of the week, which is generally suggested and then voted up or down by those active in the thread.

Last edited:
First Name
Debbie
Last Name
McMullen
Steve talked to Phil & made all the arrangements.:eat: Looking forward to seeing more faces as the weather gets nicer. :rider:

PHIL'S ROADHOUSE & GRILL
501 Liberty St, Montgomery
936-597-6733

First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Hansen
So Phils is the place now. Sounds like a plan. Just have to get everyone loaded up.

First Name
Jack
tina and i are coming down. just going to throw this out there.......if anyone wants to meet up, lets meet at the chevron at I45 and hwy 30 and depart (KSU) at 6PM. hope some of you come on out for a nice ride and some good visiting.... laters

First Name
Chris
Last Name
McKendry
It was good seeing you all tonight. A tad chilly but not bad thru the woods after dinner. I turned around at FM1375. Got suck behind that jacked up Ford 4x4 anyhow and didn't want to pass it just to turn around in front of 'em.

First Name
Debbie
Last Name
McMullen
We did have a nice turnout. :eat: I think there were 12 1/2 of us. It was nice to actually have some people to ride home with. :rider: I looked back and saw 5 bikes following me through the forest. Hope the dogs didn't scare anyone on 1791. :eek2:

First Name
rick
Last Name
hirsch
I probably won't make it this Thursday, some folks from Coleman? are coming by to look at puppies. If they come by early enough I will be there. RH:eat: I hate to miss a good feed.

First Name
Chris
Last Name
McKendry
Did anyone make it out tonight? I didn't get home until after 7PM. I did get on the Magna and ride around the Montgomery area, and reduced the flying insect count drastically.

First Name
Debbie
Last Name
McMullen
Hey Chris,

I think there were 9 of us. :eat: Mostly the usually suspects. I think Phil & I joined you in the battle with the insects. They felt like grasshoppers or something pretty big.:pound:

Twas nice to finally be able to meet some of the faces behind the posts. Got there a bit later :doh: , had to leave to get ready for work early tomorrow morning, so short but nice to meet you Jack, Tina, Deb, Chris and Dick. See you next time....:rider:

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
I had the pleasure of working this evening... Sorry to miss you euromedic.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
We should be there. Hope to see Chris, Teri and Megan one last time before they leave us for North Carolina!

First Name
Chris
Last Name
McKendry
Dang, we didn't make it out tonight! We have company over from NC helping us pack and move. Ate a late lunch at Holder's BBQ in Dobbin, one of our family favorites. We were planning on being at Phil's but so much was going on between the house repairs (contractor on site doing exterior repairs, painting, pressure washing etc) that we didn't even get to eat until 9PM tonight. We still have a lot of stuff that needs to be packed. Amazing how much stuff collects over the years.
Right now we're planning on loading up a moving van Monday and being on the road Tuesday AM.

Again, so sorry we didn't make it tonight.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Dang Chris, was hoping to get to see you guys one more time before you go! What part of NC will you be moving to? I am assuming you are moving back near your old stomping grounds?

First Name
Chris
Last Name
McKendry
Moving back to Raleigh NC. My folks, brother, sister, and several high-school-era friends that I still keep in touch with are living in the area. Some of them have kids in the same age group as our daughter Megan who is almost 4. It will be nice to have family close by, but I will have to commute from RDU to Houston IAH, which is where I'm based, to fly my trips. I'm usually on the road 4 days and off 3.
By the way, my wife Terri is PREGNANT! She has been feeling nauseous the past several days and took a EPT test (several) and they were all positive. I'll
keep in touch with you all, and of course let you know how things are going!

Ride safe. I'll miss hanging out with the TWTex group!

Blue Bomber

Admin
First Name
Beth
Last Name
Friday
By the way, my wife Terri is PREGNANT! She has been feeling nauseous the past several days and took a EPT test (several) and they were all positive. I'll
That is AWESOME! :clap: Congratulations to you all. It will be nice to have family and friends around to help with a new baby.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday

Ride safe. I'll miss hanging out with the TWTex group!
Congrats!! Life is definitely going to get a little busier... :brainsnap

Don't forget to send us some pics!

Texas T

Forum Supporter
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Thorn
Chris (and family),
Sorry to see you go but it sounds like being close to home/family will be a good thing for you especially with another little one on the way. Got my General this month so once I finally get a rig maybe we can hook up at some point. Just met W5MMX on the air today - he's a 737 jockey for you guys and was another one stationed on Guam for a while so we've got some common ground there.
Take care and don't forget to check every now and then.

First Name
Chris
Chris,

Congrats! But wouldn't you rather commute to EWR? :trust:

I finally have a free Thursday. Is the group meeting for dinner tomorrow night?

First Name
Debbie
Last Name
McMullen
I will be there.:eat: :pirate: :eat:

Chris & Terri: It's too bad you couldn't join us last week. Good luck in N.C. & congrats on the new baby. :clap:

Here are a couple of pics from last week:

Future TWTers

First Name
Debbie
Last Name
McMullen
More pics from 04/19 Bike Night:

Gotcha Jack, did you get me?

Sarah checking out the bikes

Daniel cheesing for the camera

It was good to see Rocketbunny's Beemer w/ her shining new rim

Dick “Bluedevil” & Sarah joking around

First Name
Bob
Last Name
Krzeszkiewicz
As I work in Magnolia (1488 @ 149), usually til 6:30 or 7, I have no excuse not to show up and meet some new people. Actually, the same goes for ***.

Need more play, less work...:miffed: