• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

October 2008: East Texas Dual Sport Ride

I forgot to add my "inspired" photo.... only a few feet from that survey marker.

PA110054.jpg

hmmmm needs editing.
PA110054-1.jpg

You are right. The outcome could have been worse. Glad that you are OK.

I coultn't believe what I was seeing watching you head for the ditch like that.

I appoligize if I caused you to have to do that. The GPS was saying turn right and just as I was turning I saw the 2 bikes up ahead at the stop sign and changed course and you came flying around me.

It was you or the ditch and it was just an accident.I had stopped and just decided to go around on the outside at,uh the same time .Guess I need a horn:doh:

Scott thats not the one,it was 12ft deep with large rock chunks in the bottom:eek2:
Decided to let the bike go by itself!!!!!

It was you or the ditch and it was just an accident.I had stopped and just decided to go around on the outside at,uh the same time .Guess I need a horn:doh:

Scott thats not the one,it was 12ft deep with large rock chunks in the bottom:eek2:

Ouch... no pics??????:-P

And which Scott are you again?

In my best Argentine-American accent... "Seriously it took like 10 to 15 minutes on just the back wheel!"

:lol2:

I never would have guessed he was from Argentina...not up to date on foreign accents I suppose! Did he ride that thing from Georgia to Texas or trailer in?

Really enjoyed the ride, Thumper, thanks for getting us motivated! Except for the little get off on Day 1 and hitting the big friggin dog in the middle of the road on Day 2. Glad we did the 96 bypass, it turned out great. Looking forward to the next one.

Great to put screen-names with names and faces and the weather and riding were great! Another big thanks to those that laid out the route back in Jan.

The end of the route for day 1.
100_1105.jpg

100_1103.jpg

Our humble abode for the night.
100_1109-1.jpg

G'mornin harborlight.
100_1110.jpg

Rest stop on Day 2.
100_1112.jpg

..with plenty of TX scenery.
100_1114-1.jpg

End of the day rider shots...got everybody coming out of the woods and a one almost lost it in the sand! The camera plays tricks on your brain.

Ed from Brenham
100_1115-1.jpg

Mr. Indiana
100_1116-1.jpg

James
100_1117-1.jpg

Claire on the Super Sherpa
100_1118-1.jpg

Willie on the mighty TW.
100_1119-1.jpg

Jamey
100_1120-1.jpg

'becca
100_1121-1.jpg

Chris
100_1122-1.jpg

Can't wait for the next one!!! :rider: :rider:

Sorry i missed this ride but i didnt see the post till last week.Looks like a great ride hope to make it next year.I can't believe no one tried to jump that small creek with the bridge out :eek2:

Sorry i missed this ride but i didnt see the post till last week.Looks like a great ride hope to make it next year.I can't believe no one tried to jump that small creek with the bridge out :eek2:

We offered Willy $25 to try it after the muck hole, but he declined.

Great time! Special thanks to Thumper, our hosts, Richard for the bunk, all those that put together the routes, and the words of wisdom from many to help me get ready for this, my first, dual sport ride. :clap: I spent all my time riding rather than snapping picts so found out when I got back home that I had taken only 4 shots in 2 days. It was great to meet everyone, I have made some new friends I hope to stay in touch with. Bike and I survived the trip with little more than wear and tear, and from what I have heard no one came home with any worse than minor injuries (hope that holds true).

Hi!

I want to thank everyone for such a wonderful ride; I had a blast. Special thanks go to those who worked hard to put this ride together with routes and everything, thanks to Kenny who provided me with a place to crash and lots of know how to improve my riding skills; also to those who took turns on sunday to sweep, if it wasn't for you I would not have made it back; thank to the people at harbour marina for putting up with us and last but not least thanks to Scott for daring me to do the mud, it provided with good entretainment for everyone.:haha:
I just finished uploading a couple of videos and pictures. I don't think I can add any more pics that the ones already up.

Here's video of the infamous mud pit.

And here's video of Rebecca going thru the sand

And one of Claire going thru the sand

Willy.

I never would have guessed he was from Argentina...not up to date on foreign accents I suppose! Did he ride that thing from Georgia to Texas or trailer in?

Si senora; soy de Argentina.
I would not dare to ride the Tdub for that long. I don't think I ever ridden that thing more in one day that this ride. I put about 175 miles on saturday and about 180 miles on sunday.

Willy.

Si senora; soy de Argentina.
I would not dare to ride the Tdub for that long. I don't think I ever ridden that thing more in one day that this ride. I put about 175 miles on saturday and about 180 miles on sunday.

Willy.

I have never ridden my bike that much in one day either! It was nice to see yet another Yamaha on the ride! We seem to be few and far between sometimes!

This ride was such a great experience for me in so many ways! New friends, new ideas, bigger Christmas list...:trust:

It's good to see all of you having such a good time. Believe me, I wanted to be there and would have had something so unfortunate not happened. If any of you guys that wanted to go later in the year feel like repeating the run, let me know. I'm in! Willy, it's good to see you representing the TDub crowd so well. And Kenny, let me know when you want to run HWY 87 S. Thanks everyone for the pics. :clap:

I would say he'd hope to NOT hit the hard, flat, vertical, non-moving, crusty, soil filled WALL on the opposite side.

Man I was so tired today.

I got to work this morning and parked the trailer in the lot and got out the generator and sat in the trailer most of the day putting most of my gear up.

While I was in their, the old girl was complaining that she couldn't get any air. So I decided to help her.

my.php

After that she was much better and happy again. I wish I could do that to my lungs.

Tomorrow I will go ahead and change oil again. I changed it 3 days before the ride, but after seeing the air filter I think I will do it again. Good insurance.

Me when I got back to Harbor Light after doing 516.4 miles all weekend.

DSCN0674.jpg

Looks like you're getting warmed up after 516 miles and ready to go for a ride...

I'll better check my air filter; if yours looked like that I don't even want to think what mine will be after riding behind all of you... Dust is all I saw all weekend long:brainsnap

I'm ready to do it again this coming weekend.

Plan on Sunday doing Hwy 87 if owtcast is avaliable.

Hey post the vid of my spining my bike for my co-workers. If you don't mind

Back