• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Patch a tube - without removing tire

SL350

Reaction score
This video caught my eye. Ever see anyone repairing a tube with the tire still mounted?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzaJpCnPZQQ"]How to Repair a Motorbike Puncture | Fix Motorcycle Puncture - YouTube[/ame]

Very cool. Of course, with my luck and limited skill, I'd be just as likely to accidentally turn the bike over. :doh:

AustinJake and I helped Jqueen do this one time in Bastrop. Good times...

Never done it that way but I could see it working so long as the tube stays in position and I can still dig around in the tire for whatever poked the hole in the first place.

If I remember correctly, none of us had the right size wrench for the front axle.

I change my tires and when I fail I have taken them in. It is just one of those skills I think off road riders need. Street less so but out of cell phone coverage it is also a good skill. I am a Slimy kind of rider and I have never been caught with a flat on a ride. But best to be prepared.

I was looking this video over cause I have a couple of tubes pinched during installs that I just saved for practice. Going to put a couple of patches on but I would not install them anyways. Just going to practice.

Why do people think we need to hear weird music in their videos, either narrate or silence. Anything but this crazy sounding stuff.

Imagine what they could do if they had classic rock playing! Just my opinion.

Back