• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #02 - Reflection

Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway
P7300223-1.jpg

This shot reminds me of one of my instructor's in college. He kept a 16x20 duratran of what I'd swear as this same mill in his office. The only difference being two ducks in the pond and a naked women in the open window.:lol2:

This shot reminds me of one of my instructor's in college. He kept a 16x20 duratran of what I'd swear as this same mill in his office. The only difference being two ducks in the pond and a naked women in the open window.:lol2:

:rofl:

This is supposedly the most photographed spot on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

This is one of my favorites (not submitted as it was taken last year)

esp016.jpg

These are from last week, but taken a couple of days before the contest start date:

ref2.jpg

ref1.jpg

Taken in Nov so its ineligible, but the only one I got. Not sure I'll have a chance to get something else but I'll try.

8.jpg

Hey all.....

GREAT shots coming in for this assignment. Duke's going to have his hands full if the assignment entries are any 'reflection' of what's showcased here.

Also, you don't have to say it was taken before this assignment or ineligible or any variation. If your pic is in the new topic/discussion thread (ie this one), it's assumed it's an old shot or new shot. It really doesn't matter as there will always be a submission only thread opened up a few days before assignment closure.

Keep 'em coming. This is going to be a good one! :mrgreen:

reflections and interpretive versions are tough to come by! When's the deadline for this one?

Critique, please.
crop or not crop?
other input appreciated.

501093146_jMVr7-L-1.jpg

501093060_Jsivc-L-1.jpg

Took this yesterday at Double Lake Recreation Area.
Reflection.jpg

What do you think?

When's the deadline for this one?

Monday April 6th midnight. Duke will post an "ENTRY" only thread for the assignment sometime Friday/Saturday 3/4.

Gary, the second one is preferred and w/o crop
ctoons, sweet!

Couple of more shots I dug up.

Crater Lake:
P7060842.jpg

Georgia Aquarium:
clownfishreflection.jpg

I didn't see the thread to enter but here is mine. Ooops, I see I'm a week early. It'll give me time for 2 other ideas I have. Stay tuned....

Brief description: A young woman contemplates her past mistakes that landed her in confinement.

021.jpg

I thought this one was hilarious when I downloaded it. I was toying around with the macro setting using some of the bikes from my "stable".

The original picture:

But if you look really close at the picture, you see the reflection: :rofl:

these were taken today:

lemme know what yall think. :mrgreen:

Me thinks when one does water reflections, there can be zero wind on most of the reflection type shots. Granted, some are highlighted by a slight ripple for affect. The first one has ripple that pulls away from the subject matter of the trees. I'd also ask myself do the trees stand on their own as a good shot by themselves. The beach one is moving in the right direction IMO.

I'm no expert so that and a buck-fiddy will get you a coffee..... ;-)

Reflections and shadows are my favorite subjects, especially the latter. They are very similar, except shadows are more monochrome and challenging. Regardless, two from my list of favorites:

505073356_AeYZe-M.jpg

505077526_2VDBz-M.jpg

My ultimate favorite which I've used in two publications:
485860374_YGBks-M.jpg

These are older photos. I can't participate in the 'contest' because I can't shoot anything worthwhile. My camera is dying. Going camera 'window' shopping today (daydreaming until I get $$$ for a new one).

Uh..... you were speeding...... :trust:

Great shot. I guess you set cruise, mix a drink, dig around for the camera and then set the shot up on that luxo-tourer? re: clean, does mud reflect?

Uh..... you were speeding...... :trust:

Great shot. I guess you set cruise, mix a drink, dig around for the camera and then set the shot up on that luxo-tourer? re: clean, does mud reflect?

Let's see; examine the indicator lights. I was speeding a little, 6 over indicated. I was in the right of 3 lanes on I 35 and getting passed like I was going 10 under. :giveup: Green light on the speedo indicates 6th gear. :thumb: Yellow shows low fuel situation even though it only took 5 gallons to fill her up; she holds 6. Red on the tach shows cruise was not engaged but active. Like I said the top of the tank is clean. the front is covered with bugs and the rear bags and rear fender are pretty dusty right now. Next time I have a full day off next week I'll give a bath. :lol2:

Well I'm having a hard time deciding which photo should I submit. However that can only mean that I had a lot of fun with this challenge, especially since the circumstances allowed me to be in a place ripe for photo ops and the challenge provided some direction as what type of subjects to pursue. One that I ruled out for being too grainy is here:

ref1-dorsay.jpg

Back