• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #3: Perspective

I agree with Janet.
The other shots are nice, but don't grab my attention. The assignment seems to be open to wide interpretation, but focused somewhat on "lines"

The hi-rise under construction, in my ignorant opinion, would be better if focused on the floor designations and excluding the crane. Maybe even a crazy diagonal angle on it? To me, the lens flare is a little distracting, too.

feeble PP attempt

Attachments

• 09Perspective025b.jpg
    09Perspective025b.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 206
I need to get out and take some pics
some great looking shots in here

Scott, I like the tracks too. However, I think they could have been framed a little differently so that the line runs through the entire frame. The line of the tracks is the subject matter, but you seem to have too much of the brighter gravel that competes for attention. I also like the reflection shot, and the stair-stepped towers.

All the other images have really good composition, exposure, and color. Your photos are getting better and better all the time! :thumb:

I love the tracks Scott.

I agree with Janet.

Scott, I like the tracks too. However, I think they could have been framed a little differently so that the line runs through the entire frame. The line of the tracks is the subject matter, but you seem to have too much of the brighter gravel that competes for attention.

Thanks for the input. I may find myself downtown tomorrow if it's sunny out and try to get more track and a bit better exposure down. Funny part is, I'll take my earplugs out this time..... you never know when a train is coming by!

These were taken at a recent mini-golf trip we took the youth group on.
Though they were taken before this contest started, but I thought I'd share

512951298_rMv3t-L.jpg

512952876_nTNvE-L.jpg

512952715_K3Uni-L.jpg

512958417_gwiYY-L.jpg

512958520_QkKoU-L-1.jpg

I'll see if I have any good ones from our paint ball trip that would work for the assignment, those were taken last weekend

Nice shots.....I'll see if I can figure out how to get my pics from smugmug on here.

512584900_MJwh2-L.jpg

512626850_XBiSU-L.jpg

There we go...

Last edited:
Here's my entry.

This was taken Saturday at 6:30 P.M. from the dock in back of BassPro Shop lake in Garland.
Sailboat1.jpg

Last edited:
Back