• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recommendations for a new battery

wczimmerman

The ORIGINAL Pie Man
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I need to buy a new battery for Jen's GS since it has a non maintenance free battery in it now and I want a new one for the CO rally coming later this year. I'm thinking about one of those gell cell batteries, but I'm open to all ideas. What say y'all?

wczimmerman said:
I need to buy a new battery for Jen's GS since it has a non maintenance free battery in it now and I want a new one for the CO rally coming later this year. I'm thinking about one of those gell cell batteries, but I'm open to all ideas. What say y'all?

I feel like there is no substitute for a Yuasa. I think there are some made by Yuasa for one of the after market places, but I dont remember what the brand is. Yuasa batteries have always treated me right. I would recommend also to get a battery maintainer, they do wonders for keeping it topped off all the time.

Just my opinion,
Vaughn

Bagwell said:
wczimmerman said:

I put one of the Odyssey (PC-680) batteries in my Adventure.
I am very happy with it.
Bought it off of EBay $67.00 delivered to your door.

The bike can sit for over 6 weeks and it cranks right up.

Back