• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride, Crash, Fly, Go Home.... My Trip to Arkansas...

So, what's the word on the ticket?

My vehicle left the road surface and crashed. Therefore according to Arkansas law I failed to maintain control. So it doesn't matter if a deer comes along and smashes you off the road, if the cop is having a cranky day then you can technically get a ticket for that.

So I paid the ticket and just bit my tongue. The chances of me getting another ticket for failure to maintain control in Newton Co is fairly small. Since I don't have any real desire to go back there any time soon.

Yep, it's still attached. The surgery went well, so the doctors said. I've gotten my staples out and actually I'm already back at work. I will be on light duty for the next month or so while I go through physical therapy to get things back to normal.

But for right now, my mobility in it is still at maybe 10%. I really don't have much use of it just yet. But it's getting better every day. Three days ago was the first time in a month that I was able to put on my own pull over shirt all by myself. I tell you what, you really do take for granted how easy things are when you are healthy.

Yep, it's still attached. The surgery went well, so the doctors said. I've gotten my staples out and actually I'm already back at work. I will be on light duty for the next month or so while I go through physical therapy to get things back to normal.

But for right now, my mobility in it is still at maybe 10%. I really don't have much use of it just yet. But it's getting better every day. Three days ago was the first time in a month that I was able to put on my own pull over shirt all by myself. I tell you what, you really do take for granted how easy things are when you are healthy.

I remember those mile stones, I was proud the day I could reach far enough after surgery to tie my own shoes.

A slight thread hijack (I think):

I've been having a difficult week (month, actually) and getting up and dragging my happy rear to work has been a chore. Last night, my wife and I were watching the tube and nothing was on so we switched to Joel Osteen.

Joel was preaching on making a conscious decision to enjoy what you have been given by the Lord. He related a story from a friend who grew up with a sister who was brain damaged and had very limited mobility. The sister couldn't talk but could make noises they understood as "feed me," "I'm thirsty," etc. The one they hated to hear was the noise that meant "I have an itch" because it was trial and error to find WHERE she itched.

So, the next time you are feeling sorry for yourself because your __insert area of complaint here__ stinks, remind yourself that at least you can scratch your own itch!

God bless,

Lee
(Trying to be grateful for what he has)

I figure $1k worth of gear is much cheaper then paying for the road rash. Sure insurance will cover that, but speaking from experience, road rash hurts and keeps hurting for a long time.
I still have the scars. I'm told that chic's dig scars, but I guess I haven't found the right chics :shrug:

But hey, its the USA and we each can choose how we do or don't gear up :rider:

From what I hear, skin grafts are expensive (and painful). :eek2:

Back