• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sheep skin seat covers

Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Haywood
I'm search for a chunk of sheep skim for my Tenere. Mostly seeing rugs and simmalure with a "non-slip" backing.

Thinking that no backing would be better.

Anyone using sheepskin?

I've never used one, but I've seen uncut, unbacked sheepskins at Tandy leather before.

I remember that place, near 52st and IH35. That's a crazy set of merges happening there. When on the bike, really got to keep an eye on what the heck is going on.

I remember that place, near 52st and IH35. That's a crazy set of merges happening there. When on the bike, really got to keep an eye on what the heck is going on.
I don't know where one is in Austin, but it's a chain. I've been to 2 of them in Houston.

I have one from Alaska Leather in gray. It is cut to fit the bike (kinda) and has a strap with a Fastex buckle on it for retention. The backside is natural and seems to stay put pretty well. I don't leave it on the bike but have used it on longer rides in hot and cold and like it.

I have one from Alaska Leather in gray. It is cut to fit the bike (kinda) and has a strap with a Fastex buckle on it for retention. The backside is natural and seems to stay put pretty well. I don't leave it on the bike but have used it on longer rides in hot and cold and like it.

Ordered - Should be here next week

The quality is very good. No tears, no patches of fleece coming out. Holding up very well.

I don't notice any significant decrease/increase in seat temperature during long rides. Overall comfort is better. Not by a huge difference, but better.

Attachment to the Tenere went without a hitch. Enough length in the stap to play with.

I've not rode in rain, so can't comment on that.

Is a little slick. A big day of off road, might want to remove it.

Cleaning has been effortless. I've been in nothing that won't simply brush or shake out.

I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Attachments

• 20200302_070824.jpg
    20200302_070824.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 20200727_121441.jpg
    20200727_121441.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 168
  • 20200727_121452.jpg
    20200727_121452.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 159
Just saw this thread today. Reminded me of an old website that made a seat from sheepskin gloves. Clicked on the link and got a virus notice of some kind. Went to the Wayback machine and found this worked:

The $4 sheepskin cover

Back