• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD!!!!! 1975 Honda CB400F Super Sport $5900 17,281 miles

Reaction score
My CB400F Super Sport runs as good as it looks. Stored for 24 years, it was lovingly brought back to life in 2011. It is a daily rider for errands and cruising the neighborhood with the grandkids. All service and restoration work details available with pictures detailing it's revival process. Plus the original pictures showing the bike's condition when first acquired. It was recognized with a Special Award Trophy at the 2014 VJMC Barber Vintage Festival Bike Show. A real conversation starter when running about town. Everyone wants to visit about this stunning Honda masterpiece from a simpler time. A ball to ride! It's sadly time for a new home.
Show Award Merit.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, one of my dream motorcycles. How many miles are on her? Sweet scooter, GLWS.

I love these bikes (ex CB750 owner) but man, I'd look like bear on a tricycle on that little thing.

Beautiful bike and you're right, it was a great era of motorcycles when things were simpler.

My first bike. Loved it. Couldn’t ride it anymore.

Ah, one of my dream motorcycles. How many miles are on her? Sweet scooter, GLWS.
Sitting at 17,861. It came to me with a bit over 11,000 miles. I originally thought I'd keep the miles very low, thinking I should preserve her but I just can't keep from taking her out for a short spin when the weather is nice. I live no more than a half mile from the hardware store, grocery, pharmacy and barber so it's fun to run my errands on my Honda. This was a retirement/project gift I gave myself. Spent about 8 months getting her into this condition.

I love these bikes (ex CB750 owner) but man, I'd look like bear on a tricycle on that little thing.

Beautiful bike and you're right, it was a great era of motorcycles when things were simpler.

"bear on a tricycle..."

Yeah, my friends say I look like a monkey humping a red football scooting down the street. These were truly small bikes back in the day.... tiny in fact compared to our wonderful machines of today.

Lovely bike, I sold mine last year (which was in similar condition but unrestored with about 6K miles) to a Japanese dealer. Easiest transaction ever, I got a business check via 1st overnight Fedex and about 3 weeks later his shipper showed up & picked up the bike. It went home to a Japanese collector which was sort of ironic in a cool way.

A 400 cc 4 cylinder, they need to make more bikes like this, but unfortunately I just don't think they would sell.
Yes, I believe you're right. Some recent interest in nostalgia bikes but mostly still too big and fast to ever duplicate the feeling zipping along on such a small bike. Our modern bikes I must say, are marvels and much safer. My front disc brake is not very inspiring. Let's just say you have to "plan" your stops in advance! Royal Enfield is doing a good job today but those thumpers can never duplicate these sweet little four cylinder bikes.

Paging Tim. The best "work of art" chrome pipes on any model motorcycle ever invented. Spectacular ride. Is one of my dream rides.

SOLD!! Well that was fast. Listed Sunday here, EBay and on Cycle Trader with the latter makng the sale. Cycle Trader never ceases to amaze me. 10 inquires, 3 offers and it was a buyer from Portland that bought my bike sight unseen... $400 over asking price. Money is in the bank and the shipper picks up tomorrow. Wow... hope my KTM 1190R sale goes that fast and easy. (It won't) Thanks for the comments from the group. I already miss my Honda.

Portland, Oregon? That is wild. That is a pretty bike though. I love how the exhaust headers are all swept to one side. Congrats on the sale!

Back