• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Fandango

I’m sorry. You I can’t believe you came crashing in here like that.
Is this some kind of joke??
If you had picked ANY of the first three albums, we could have come to an understanding. If you had said “Fandango was pretty decent but Rio Grande Mud was the best album” I would have assumed that you were a genius and asked you what the best oil is for my Vespa!!

But you went with Fandango. Now I’ll have to wake the neighbors with “Just Got Paid”!!

I’m sorry. You I can’t believe you came crashing in here like that.
Is this some kind of joke??
If you had picked ANY of the first three albums, we could have come to an understanding. If you had said “Fandango was pretty decent but Rio Grande Mud was the best album” I would have assumed that you were a genius and asked you what the best oil is for my Vespa!!

But you went with Fandango. Now I’ll have to wake the neighbors with “Just Got Paid”!!

Plus album came out in 1975, Gen X'ers would have been a maximum of 10 years old. So maybe .01% of ZZ Top's audience at the time. It was a Boomer album and Boomer band. Anything after Deguello I lost interest, didn't really care for the sound change. Gen X can claim that ZZ music.

I went a couple years ago and had a blast!

The sand drags were a hoot!

The drag races were a hoot!

We were lucky that we met a friend there who turned out to be a competitive track racer. It was like having a pro play by play who knew the racers and the sport inside out.

I believe I have class that wknd this year 😔

Back