• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Copper Canyon - Big Bend Loop

Re: Uncle's side of the story

ramblinrog (aka) Uncle said:
Greetings from Uncle!
Well, it's about time you showed up! We've been hearing Uncle this, Uncle that, pictures of Uncle, more pictures of Uncle, even more pictures of Uncle :giveup:

Oh yeah, :welcome: :mrgreen:

Oops, I forgot:
strom.gif

nice bike! :thumb:

:rider: Thanks for the welcoming. I'm here visiting Rich so I'll give you more of the trip with more pics. I am not the writer that Rich is so here it is. Day One: Didn't take any pics. today. The ride didn't get interesting until we got about 50k from Creel. We rolled into Creel after dark after close encounters with horses and a drunk or crazy man.

Day Two: After a cold start in the am, rode one of the best paved mc roads I've ridden. When the pavement ended it just got better!!!:rider:

Pictures2006194.jpg

Pictures2006205.jpg

I will say that the road to Batopilas is not for the faint of heart. The rewards at the end destination is well worth the trip.

Some of the rewards
A comfortable room
Pictures2006210.jpg

Pictures2006211.jpg

Pictures2006214.jpg

Pictures2006226.jpg

Pictures2006227.jpg

Pictures2006225.jpg

More of the trip to follow. It may be a week or more before I'll be able to get back to the task.. Lets ride!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gilk51 said:
Oops, I forgot:
strom.gif

nice bike! :thumb:

Chuck: how long have you waited just to use that animation?

OH, right; One hearty round of applause for Rich & "Uncle" for a great trip report and pictures. I measure this by how much I wanted to go there while reading. Thanks. (especially for showing the KLR muddy, as it should be).

Steverino said:
Got bumped over here from the ADV Rider site and I've really enjoyed your trip report and pics. Great stuff!

Cheers Steve:rider:
Welcome Steve!

Thanks for the welcome Trailace. This time of year I sit in front of the glowing monitor and cyber travel. Had the pleasure of riding Big Bend and CC a couple of times. Really enjoyed the Batopilas Festival pics and every so often I get a craving for Shiner Bock!

Cheers Steve

Steverino.....Glad you found the TWT Forum....Welcome aboard....Orangeville Ontario, that brings back memories for me having lived in Burlington Ontario for many years!!!

Scroll down to the Dual Sport Forum and check out the ride reports from " Texas invades Mexico"....Some good stuff....

When do you want to come down and ride with us???

:tab Can always tell when the Canadians stop riding for the winter... They start registering on all the forums :lol2: We actually have quite a few of our Northern friends on the site. Always good to have another! Welcome to the site! :wave:

XR650Rocketman said:
When do you want to come down and ride with us???

Well you know, I did see something about a Dualsport ride in April and if the weather hasn't cleared in this part of the world by then and I can con a buddy into sharing the gas...I might just do that?

Cheers Steve

Attachments

• BRPDRZ2006_20061018_1830.jpg
    BRPDRZ2006_20061018_1830.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 154
Steverino,

Welcome to the site and thanks for the compliments on the story.

Come on down for the April ride. The weather will be warm, the riding will be great, the scenery will be excellent, and the comaraderie will be wonderful. Hope you can make it.

Steverino, I'm ready to head back to Mexico. We have had a week of winter here and it sucks. Sleet, cold, and rain. Where is our sunshine and 70 degree days that is normal this time of year? I have'nt ridden in over a week. As Rich said, come join us in April.

ramblinrog (aka) Uncle said:
Steverino, We have had a week of winter here and it sucks. Sleet, cold, and rain.

Kind of sounds familiar to me though you forgot to add snow. Last time I was out here was Jan 5th and that is or was unusual for this part of the world. Check out this lad though if you have the time. Coast to Coast in January. report is from ADV Rider and in the Great White North forum, sixty some odd pages now?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109911&page=64

Cheers Steverino:rider:

Been reading section on Copper Canyon in Joe Cummings' Northern Mexico Handbook. Ten years old now, but still fascinating background. I recommend the book to all interested in the northern area of Mexico.

Back